Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated Notification not displaying

rakesh_kushwaha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Some of the notification is not displaying even document no. is generated by production client after saving the notification.I am unable to see these in IW22,IW29,IW28.  I tried also to see then same in Table QMEL . but no table entries found for specified key.

What may be the reason?

Pls help to get this condition justified.

Thanks,

Rakesh Kushwaha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_kushwaha
Participant
0 Kudos

Due to heavy system load and limited resources spool was overflow and document successfully not updated in database after notification document no. generation.

Spool capacity is 32000 and spool generating in background is 100000 due to new module implementation..

Thanks experts for kind support..

Rakesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Some questions:

• How are these notification being created (e.g. manually by a user, by interface, etc)
  • Does this issue occur regularly
  • Does this issue occur for multiple users
  • Are you using any developments in the notification save process (e.g. user-exit QQMA0014)

PeteA

rakesh_kushwaha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

1- Notification no. is generated manually by IW21.

2- This issue occur two time recently.. never face earlier.

3- Two user face this problem for two notification generated recently which is not able to see even in table

4- No dev is there (Component version SAP ECC 6.0)

Please suggest..

Thanks

Rakesh

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Are you getting any message like" Express document not updated" ? after saving notification after number assignment once you come out of the main screen.

Regards,

Pardhu

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pardha,

That's a very right question. But the case does not seem to be that. Had it been one, he would have mentioned initially. I fail to recall this happened to me too in one situation in Dev servers perhaps while testing enhancements. However is awaited to respond to your question and clarify.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

rakesh_kushwaha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pardha,

This is not frequent occurring event. As normal notification no. generated and shown in status bar after saving.But in change mode user not able to see. User want to know logic behind it..

thanks.

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Is it happening to specific users or all users whoever got authorization of creating notification?

Regards,

Pardhu

MTerence
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Please check

1. Are there any short dumps shown in transaction ST22 (for the user?)

2. Does transaction SM13 show any cancelled or to be updated update requests?

Check the update tasks to see whether there are any problems there. It might be that there were some problems performing the updates to the database and the notifications were never created.

Regards

Vivek

rakesh_kushwaha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sir,

Sorry for late reply.

I checked transaction ST22 there is no short dump and no update request in Txn SM13 for that user id.

Can i see this notification through workflow initiator for workitem selected in Txn Code-SWI6 in spite of not displaying in Table entry?

Pls suggest.

Regards,

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see this notification, if workflow initiated.Take help from ABAP and BASIS team to resolve this issue.Updating table is must to check data, as you mentioned in transactions.

Regards

Vivek

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very redundant post. The first response suggested this.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

This can happen. I did not remember exact situation, but happened once. When you asked whether this is justified, it is a big NO. We have to find out and come-out of it. For this you need to take help of ABAPer. He will start debugging switch before saving the Notification and find out the reason. In this process you will be arriving at exact reason. Some problem at COMMIT event, but the number range is consuming.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure but probably the number range is consumed because of the configuration "Early Number Assignment" was allowed for those notifications. Nothing comes to my mind for the "update error" without any inputs in SM13.

rakesh_kushwaha
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am able to see before and after notification number generated in tcode IW22..This is issue with two notification number only.Fyi production user is still able to generate notification, no issue of number range consumption.

Thanks,

Rakesh