cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic behind requirement type change in sale order change mode.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I have came across a confusing behavior of system which I'd like to bring in your notice and get some input. I am not able to understand why system is doing this.

This is MTO scenario and we create sale order using ZMM requirement type. In Go Live users uploaded some wrong master data due to which system determined wrong requirement type in sale order. When I analysed, I came to know that this is because of strategy group in MRP3 view. I deleted strategy group from MMD and tried to change requirement type in sale order. Here I found that system is allowing to change requirement type for some items. Others were in grey mode.

I replicated the scenario in DEV and tried to understand why and when we are allowed to change it in VA02 but I am not able to understand the logic. Could anyone of you make me understand the logic that why and when system allow us to change requirement type in sale order change mode VA02 in MTO?

For reference check below screen where master data and all settings are same for both materials but system is allowing to change it only for one material.

Thank$

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Have you got the answer to your query. I am facing the same problem where I am not able to change the material and requirement type in one order where as in another order i can change the Material and req type. Both the order types are different.

The req type detemined are different in both the SO.

But both the materials are same with same MM setup.

Could you please help

Regards,

Jagjeet

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I never got the answer. I am still like

Thank$

Former Member
VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most probably for the second material the production order is not generated (yet).

At the moment I can think of only a few possible reasons in a standard system when the field is greyed out - subsequent documents, rejection reason, delivery block with confirmation reset, credit block (because it should also block quantity confirmation). Because most of these work at document save, for newly added items you still can change the requirement type before saving.

In case the orders in your PRD environment already have production orders generated, I am afraid this would be a challenging task.

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mozzam,

Please check and update is there any subsequent document exist for the first& second line items of the sales order in the above mentioned screen shot.

Thanks,

Krishna.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No subsequent document created. Only created sale order and checked in VA02.

Thank$

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this normal for your process - not to have subsequent document generated at order save?

What about quantity confirmation blocks?

Any possibility that there is a screen exit implemented that sets the field for requirement type field  to read-only based on some product attribute (seems absolutely ridiculous as an idea, but I do not know your business processes).

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check whether any subsequent documents are already created like;

1) A planned order - check in MD04

2) A production order

3) Any material document

From your screen shot, the requirements reads as KSL for line items. KSL is for make to stock process, however you are mentioning as MTO. Am I missing something? What is the strategy group maintained in the material masters? In t.code OPPS, what is the  requirement type/class assigned for this strategy group?

Regards,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva Ram

Thank you for the reply.

I have put screenshot with wrong requirement type. I was about to correct it at the time when I took screenshot. It should be ZMM but due to strategy group 011 assigned in material master it was automatically determined as KSL. Then I changed it to ZMM for those two items which are editable and for remaining one I had to delete line items and enter again so the system determines the correct requirement type.

I have mapped ZMM with my item category ZMTO and MRP type ND or PD. So if item category is ZMTO and MRP type is PD or ND in material master system automatically picks ZMM but user uploaded material master with strategy group 011 mistakenly and due to this system gave priority to this and determined KSL from strategy group 011.

And I am checking this right after saving the sale order. There is no planned order, production order or any other material document or subsequent document created.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina

Thank you dear for sharing your views.

We don't save any document automatically when we save sale order. This is normal behavior. I have made some changes in quantity confirmation so that system confirms stock even without any stock. This is because I want users to create delivery without stock so that marketing department can give delivery order to warehouse for packing. This is business requirement but the thing is this behavior is same for both materials.

There is no field exit or any other customization in this field. I am still tying to dig out that why system is allowing to change requirement type for some cases and in most of the cases it is in grey mode in VA02.

Thank$

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be that you have already found out what is the root cause, but just in case - in note 208245 - Availability of fields in sales orders there is a method explained how to determine why a certain field is not ready for input in a standard system. For VBEP-BEDAE:

In case of no screen exits activated, these seem to be the prerequisites to allow user input for this field.