cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset depreciated from beginning of the year for asset acquired in mid year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have created an asset and capitalized on 26 Oct 2015, and when i am checking it into AW01N, System is calculating the depreciation from the April month onward?

how to make settings in SAP to calculate the depreciation from the capitalization date or Ord. depreciation start date which we maintain in the asset master data?

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Check in T.code OAYR whether you have set smoothing indicator or not.if you select this indicator the depreciation posting program calculates the periodic depreciation to be posted by distributing the remaining depreciation to be posted equally over the remaining periods of the fiscal year.

Regards,

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Diwakar,

That was the exact issue. thanks for the reply.

Cheers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check in the period control which is maintained in the depreciation area which is assigned to the asset master, that what value is assigned for Acquisition? Go to Asset Master and check the depreciation key. Check which period control is maintained in the depreciation key by AFAMA T-Code. Then check in AFAMP T-Code what value is assigned in Acquisition. I think in your case the value will be 06. According to your requirement the value should be 01.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malhar,

thanks for the response, I have checked the validity start date and it's maintained as from ord. depreciation start date in multi-level method, also, i have checked AFAMA and I am using standard 001 period control 01/01/02/02. Still when i check the AW01N, it's still calculating depreciation from first period.

also, I have ran the depreciation run AFAB from Apr to Aug(Period 01 to 05) and it has posted the depreciation for the asset capitalized on 26 Oct 2015. and still showing the planned dep for 6 period onward.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

If depreciation needs to be calculated based on ordinary Depreciation date or Capitalization date then you need maintain Validity start date as "ordinary Depreciation date or Capitalization date" in multilevel method.

So that depreciation will calculate as per the required date.

Hope it helps you...

Regards,

Diwakar