cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC Info Center Vs SC Cockpit Vs SC Control Tower

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

A client of mine is wanting to implement a solution wherein the senior management gets a global view of the supply chain graphically (incl. visualization of inventory volumes and vehicles), performance metrics of various kinds, some basic simulation (not sure what), financial impact analysis based on current demand and supply situation and so on. So quite some global stuff. Not necessarily using SAP but any other tool / font end out there that can work on top of ECC, APO, SRM that already exist in some form and fashion.

The details are not yet in place but just some random browsing on SAP's pages introduce me to seemingly similar sounding SC info center, SC cockpit and SC Control tower.

I wish to know how do these applications differ and how are they positioned and marketed to a layman with lots of money to burn on a new novelty.

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Borat

SC info center is the tool which is mainly based on data or information available on  SCM only.

It provided standard business KPIs for supply planning and demand planning. This is really powerful reporting tool which provided online visibility to mgmt. as well as operation guys in detail. We have implemented and it´s amazing user experience.

I think supply chain cockpit is also dependent upon APO system. It allows you to:

Access up-to-date data on all SAP APO planning objects by launching APO queries

Measure your business performance using key performance indicators (KPIs) that are stored in the SAP Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW).

Supply chain Tower is first tool which is planned to work across multiple systems like SAP APO, SAP ECC as well as other external system. The product is in it´s initial phase, and require more time to really get developed and matured to use for large business scenarios.

I hope this summary would help you.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect.

Answers (0)