cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too long to open message in sxi_monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

when I try to open the message in sxmb_moni or sxi_monitor,  it is taking too long to open the message.  most of the time it is getting timed out.  then I try to open again and after so much time it is opening.

sxmspmast table contains 4.799.197 entries. 

what can be the cause for this and how can I resolve it ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Santhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santhi,

As Inaki suggested its memory issue.do an archiving.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

There is a workaround for this. In sxi_monitor, double-click the message. It will then ask you to display the payload (select no). Then go to the payload section, right-click on it and select download. That way, it will not open inside sxi_monitor.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I understand what you said.  but it is taking too long to open the xml message not the payload.

once the xml message opened,  every thing I can access easily.

Regards,

Santhi

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

The issue seems to be that you have not set the archive/deletion process and when the DB is more full more time takes the transaction. Also, the problem could be that your PI have not enough memory. Also you can check these threads:

SXI_MONITOR is slow | SCN

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for the reply.  I have checked with basis they said DB memory is ok.  and the deletion job is running.  the retention period is 14 days.  so according to that the deletion job is running.

Regards,

Santhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Which version of PI are you on ? Also please post the error message you are getting .

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

the PI version is 7.4 with SP 04  and attached is the short dump.

Regards,

Santhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Assuming your DB is Oracle and since you also confirmed there is enough space in the DB, I would recommend to implement OSS Note "1581279".

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Also see if you can bring down the retention period to 7 days if possible else go for archiving every 5-7 days.

BR,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Our DB is DB2.  can you perhaps refer note for DB2?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santhi

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Better to use switch deletion procedure as mention in below

Overview of the Switch Deletion Procedure - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Have you thought like workaround to increase the timeout for maximum time of execution of a program?

is this happening with all the messages or only with the heavier ones?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Where and what parameter to increase the time out?

when login for the 1st time  and opening the message , it is taking too long and time out etc.,

after that, for other messages it is not taking that much long and message opens easily.

for the 1st time even for the smaller messages it is getting timed out.

Regards,

Santhi

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

The below parameter you need to change( The dialog work process max run time parameter)

The default value for this parameter is 600, try to change it to 1200.

Refer below document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a4dcf62d-0a01-0010-afa5-e8edcecbc...

Regards,

Praveen

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

It is curious the problem happens only the first time, then the problem seems to be a basis team. Have they restart the system everyday?, there are some steps to do this, and if they don't follow them the cache buffers with the programs can be cleared and to increase the first time to access them.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Inaki,

No, they don't restart system every day.  it is a production system and I am in support team as well.

So whenever message fails at night time,  it is taking 15 to 20 min time to open the message after I switch on the system.  even in the day time,  when I open 1st message in the morning it takes that long and later it will be ok.

Regards,

Santhi