cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue recognition process- Provision account(incompletion log)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

We are trying to configure Revenue recognition process for one of our clients, for which we have got it activated from SAP, Following which I have configured Item category with category B- as we follow order related billing.

We have also assigned, concerned GL accounts in VKOA (also assigned Provisional accounts), Now when i try to save a sales order, In the incompletion log I am getting the incomplete data as "provision account missing".

When I check Account determination analysis, It is showing only Revenue account to be determined

Please let me , If there any other configurations to be done , that we have missed

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Can any one help me here,

I have done the VKOA assignments as shown below

Where 300100 is revenue gl and 231710 is is Differed revenue provisonal gl

Now the system is allowing me to save the Sales order but , When I run VF44 the sales order is not being shown there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Show me your Item Cat. screen shot and Contract/Sales Order billing plan tab also.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Please find the screen shots below

In our scenario billing plan is not being used, it is service material (order related billing) and No partial billing.

also Billing plan tab was hidden with screen variant

at VOV7

At revenue recognition tab

Thanks in advance, I guess something is wrong here only, Kindly help me out

Regards

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using an event - have you checked the logic in the BADI with some of your developers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Can you please explain why you are using Event here. Besides I have set my item cate. in this way. Can you please modify and check the same.

Regards

Abhishek

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case everything is triggered correctly and you can see the entries for your document in SE16 as not blocked and not processed (VBREVE), would you please check what is the value for MSGTP in V_160MVA for ABRGB = 'V4' and  MSGNR = '313'. Is it 'E' or 'W'? For 'W' you need to have an entry with the corresponding document number in table VBREVC before you can process it via VF44.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina

Thanks a lot for your reply, It was very helpful. but I got further issues

the message 313 itself was not active in the system, We have activated it with the help of a ABAP devloper.

Now when i run vf44 I am able to see documents of a particular document type, what i could not make out is

1. Why only some sales documents are being visible in vf44 and also when processed I am getting the following error.

2." Incorrect doc.no.: $ 1. Select document number between 9000000000 and 9999999999"

Where does the system pick accounting document from, in this case.?

Find the attached error log and help me out,

Thanks in advance

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by not activated - please explain what you have done and what is the current setting for v4/313 message. In case some SAP standard settings are missing (according to the documentation message v4 no.313 is with value 'W' by default) after activation of revenue recognition it makes more sense to contact the vendor instead of asking for help in an internet forum.

Regarding your first question and part of the second one- please refer to the best practices documentation (which you already have obtained) to understand the source of data for VF44 and how the different tables are updated in each specific case you configure.

Regarding part of question 2 - it might be good to check what do you see in table VBREVC (in case v4/313 is with 'W') and how did you actually populate the worklist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Right said by Veselina, you have to maintain VKOA settings for KOFI and KOFK as well. Please maintain this and test the scenario again.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

I have maintained for Both KOFI and KOFK , I have only given one screen shot to give you an idea on GL assignments that I have done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, you have to activate and do some settings to achieve this.

1. You have to assign Revenue Recognition Category and Delimit Start date in VOV7 under business data. I hope it is activated. If not, then you have to maintain Parameter Id in SU3 as RR_USER. Now you to maintain the above details in SPRO-Sales and Distribution-Basic Functions-Account Assignment/Costing-Revenue Recognition-Set Revenue Recognition For Item Categories and another FI setting in next Maintain Account Determination. Take FI Consultant help for this settings.

2. Check VKOA settings and test scenario again.

3. Please go through the SAP Note 777996 - Account settings for revenue recognition process, 782758 - Prerequisites for using the Revenue Recognition functionality and 1166848 - Revenue recognition: Customizing settings.

For more customization for Revenue Recognition Process, Google for below keywords and you will get exact details/documents

SAP ERP SD REVENUE RECOGNITION - BEST PRACTICES PART 1

SAP ERP SD REVENUE RECOGNITION - BEST PRACTICES PART 2

Please let me know if any clarification required.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for your response, I have done what all you have stated,

Following the "SAP ERP SD REVENUE RECOGNITION - BEST PRACTICES PART 1" document

But some how provisional G/l(Differed Income) is not getting picked, and when I am trying to save the sales order, It is showing the incompletion log with

But I have assigned the Accrual account key in pric proc also I have assinged provisional account against the account key in VKOA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As per my system, in V/08, there is no Accrual Key assigned in it, so check the scenario without this (I am assuming ). Besides issue is from VKOA settings only.

As you said Accrual Key has been maintained in V/08. Please check whether Accrual Check Mark has been ticked in V/06 or not. Test this with tick and without tick mark as well.

Hence, come out of your system and check the scenario again with new customer or other Org. elements, still issue comes, share me the screen shots.

Regards

Abhishek

Message was edited by: Abhishek Laghate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Tried with and without accrual key in pricing proceedures, It didnot make any difference

I also tried checking accruals in V/06, but problem with that is, it makes the condition type statistical and Net value of the sales order is going to zero as this is being possible to save only when All the condition types in the procedure are being checked to accruals and this is not being displayed in the worklist  in VF44

I also tried with another condition type(copy of the netvalue to be posted to revenue) with accruals checked, keeping the actual net value condition type with accruals unchecked but it barely made any difference

The following entry is for Prov account differed revenue

T

The following is the regular revenue account entry

The following is the account determination analysis for Accruals condition type

The following is the account determination analysis for Revenue condition type

Though the analysis shows GL is determined, I m still getting this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have u assign reconcilation account.unbilled account in img?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if i dont give accruals key in pricing proceedure , directly assign Provisional account in VKOA, The document is getting saved but, It is not being showed in vf44 Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat

Ya I have done it, but will it show any effect on Rev recog at the time of Sales order?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your VKOA screenshots are for KOFI, but in the determination analysis you have KOFK.

What is the idea of showing the KOFI values from VKOA?

I have never set up revenue recognition, but I thought that in VKOA you need to have revenue (in G/L account) and deferred revenue account (in Provision) and they are supposed to be different?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

maintain reconciliation account in the given screen shot

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina

I have done the assignments that way, but  Revenue lines were not getting activated due to which when I run VF44, The saved sales order is not being shown in the work list to be selected.

So I have tried using accrual account key concept using accruals check box in V/06

Which is why the GL assignments of Provisional will carry same account against accrual account key