cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random net price picked up in Purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have come across an issue where the net price in the Purchase order is being incorrectly picked up. The contract is correctly maintained with the net price and the valid conditions, so the net price should ideally be picked up from the contract. However we are experiencing a case where a random net price is picked up in the PO. We tried to replicate exactly same scenario in test system. If valid conditions are maintained in contract, net price is correctly picked up in the PO. If the valid conditions are not maintained in the contract, system will prompt the user to enter the net price while creating PO.

Has anyone come across a similar scenario ? What can be the possible resolution in this case.

Regards,

Mitesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally when a PO created from contract, the price picks from contract only but in your case as random net price is picked up in the PO from contract- better check are there any logic built to pick price in PO  from contract  with delivery date in PO  taking price value from validity in condition type PB00 in contract  OR did info record is deactivated/activated which also play vital role for real price to pick or not to pick PO from contract OR did different price values are maintained with validity periods in contract with PB00 condition type which leads different price picks on PO with PO creation date from same contract.

Can you share the screens:

1. contract with value

2. contract with PB00 condition type

3. PO-1 with PO creation date with net price

4. PO -2 with PO creation date with net price

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Please find the required information.

The PO1 was created with respect to a contract CON1 / line item 57, net order price maintained in contract as 103 INR.

No valid conditions are maintained for CON1/line item 57 as of now. Contract was created on 01.02.2015 and valid from 01.02.2015 to 31.07.2015

PO1 with creation date 19.05.2015, net price 114 INR picked up incorrectly.

PO2 with creation date 23.06.2015, net price 103 INR picked up correctly.

Regards,

Mitesh

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You confirmed no validity period maintained with PB00 with price values in contract.

Just cross check CDHDR table to find any change details for CON1/line item 57 and PO1/line item 57 before date 19.05.2015.

If material involved for PO and contract- Just cross check price available in material master and info record on 19.05.2015 and 23.06.2015 respectively.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

I can see the PO creation date falls in between the validity date maintained at header level of the contract. However no conditions are maintained against the contract line item, neither are there any changes against the contract. (Can be seen in CDHDR and CDPOS).

Price maintained in material master and info record is zero with no changes.

The issue happens intermittently.

Regards,

Mitesh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have nowhere maintained the price in master data like info record, contract or conditions then SAP can only take it from the last purchase order or it was entered manually from the user, and if that was done during the creation you will not find any change history for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

The system is picking up the net price from the last Purchase order created against the material. I replicated the scenario and observed similar results. (I believe this is standard SAP behavior though we do have a customization at our end wherein in a Purchase Requisition system picks up the valuation price from the last PO if no price is maitained in the material master).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mitesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

Check info record indicator box is active in Purchase Order - ME21N item category.

Thanks,

Vivek

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about info update indicator ? If yes, then are you sure this tick option can be the reason for this issue ? If no, then can you please explain bit more.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

I had given here this may also one of the possibilities. if further needed, I will work out and let u

know. Thanks you for questioning me.

Thanks,

Vivek