cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR IR Clearing amount in GRPO and AP Invoice Not Match (in JE detail)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some help.

I'm using SAP B1 9.1 PL 09.

I have an more than 10 items that created on separate Purchase Order, and created GRPO with 'Copy From' method, but I only want to process 8 items in GRPO. All of the items are from the same Item Group, and the same setting in Item Master Data (Inventory Item ticked, Purchase Item Ticked)

That 8 items now already separate on 5 different DocumentNo in GRPO. When add the document, I'm not change the quantity, or change an UnitPrice, or anything else. Next step, on different date, I created AP invoice for that 8 items with 'Copy From' method, and not change / update anything (Qty/UnitPrice/Discount/etc). After adding the document, I see on JE details, something strange in GR/IR clearing amount.

I count the amount (in GR/IR CLEARING ACCOUNT) that shows on JE details from all of GRPO document, the amount is

IDR 20,359,017

But, in the AP Invoice journal details, that shows different amount in GR/IR CLEARING ACCOUNT and that 'strange' amount cause 'VAT IN' changed too. This below screenshot picture was taken from the same document no.

It shows:

Tax amount = IDR 2,035,901.70

WTax amount = IDR 407,180,00

Total Payment Due = IDR 21,987,738.70

Problem 1:

Amount IDR 20,359,017 in Total Before Discount (Pict above) should be posted on Account GR/IR CLEARING ACCOUNT for balancing the credit side that already posted in GRPO before. But in JE details, it shows different amount, change to IDR 23,957,417. There is IDR 3,598,400 difference.

Problem 2:

When I open JE details from that AP Invoice,

Tax amount (on VAT IN account) change to IDR 2,395,741.70.

But from the OPCH screen, that shows IDR 2,035,901.70

Problem 3:

There is another account was posted as 'OTHER EXPENSE' with amount IDR 3,958,240

As I checked on G/L Account Determination (currently i used advance G/L determination), for that item group, there's no setting to account 'OTHER EXPENSE'.

That 'OTHER EXPENSE' account was only used in:

- Overpayment A/P Account

- Rounding Account

Then, I check in Inventory Audit Report, export to Ms.Excel, set filtering for only the GRPO documents that relevant to that 8 items.

It shows SUM amount of 'Trans. Value' is IDR 20,359,017 << the same amount that shows on GR/IR Clearing Account on cummulative GRPO documents, and same with 'Total Before Discount' amount in OPCH screen.

And, I already try to reproduce this error with make a new Purchase Order (that consist of 8 items on multiple document), and create one GRPO doc with 'copy from', and finally create a new AP Invoice. This '3 strange errors' did not happen again. 

So, how to solve? And why did this 3 problems happen?

Thank you so much.

-Brenda-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brenda,

Looks like you need to review the GL Account Determination.

Please have a look at that.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already check on that G/L Account Determination as I explained above.

But for that item groups, there is no using "Other Expense" account.

That account only used in Overpayment A/P and Rounding Account.