Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC MATMAS05. Need not update E1MARAM and E1MARCM

S0007171991
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello team.

We recibe an MATMAS05 IDOC. But I need the E1MARAM and E1MARCM segments not change the inforamtion in material master if this already exist.

we recibe a new idoc like this

We need not change the basic material data, but need create the new basic texts and information for new plants.

I Make the next test:

Test 1. In the Z function, we delete the K character into the E1MARAM-PSTAT field, to not update the data. Not Sucefully

Test 2. Change the E1MARAM-MSGFN with values 018, 023, 004. Not Sucefully

Test 3. Read MARA and change the values in E1MARAM, but using the original IDOC data for the PSTAT field. This is to create the other view indicate in the Inbound Idoc. After this chane I have this error

This is because we try chane the MEINS data, With the MARA oriinal information. I change the data with the ISO_CODE data and the idoc continue.

Do you know how can i do to not change the E1MARAM and E1MARC information using the IDOC indicator.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have a slash / in all fields that must not be overwritten.

You should not even have plant segments for existing plants in this IDOC if you do not want to update those plants.

Better you give a bit more background about the process, there might be other solutions

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may want to explore BADI  BADI_MATMAS_ALE_IN METHOD CHANGE_UEB_TAB to influence MARA_UEB and  MARC_UEB internal tables and check.

R

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should have a slash / in all fields that must not be overwritten.

You should not even have plant segments for existing plants in this IDOC if you do not want to update those plants.

Better you give a bit more background about the process, there might be other solutions

S0007171991
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to All for your replays.

You have right. If you use the '/' Character in every field into the IDOC, this not change the original data.

Best Regards