cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupt BEx query cannot be deleted from system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query that for some reason became corrupted.  When I run rsrt on the query, I get an error message similar to the following:

Query definition...could not be read.

Query....could not be opened.

...Inc: CONSTRUCTOR Prof: CL_RSR_OLAP_VAR

This error only happens in the Q/A system.  Development and production systems are fine.

I deleted the query from the Q/A system, but even after the query was deleted, I was still able to run rsrt on it and I still got the error message!  Metadata of this query must be sitting somewhere in the system and has to be deleted.  I deleted all cache in transaction rsrt, but that didn't help.

I re-migrated this query from the development system to the Q/A system, but that didn't help either.  I even changed this query, so that it contains nothing except for one key figure -- no variables, no restrictions.  I still got the error.  When I save the original query under a new name, the new query doesn't get an error message.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to fix this query?  I don't mind just getting rid of it from the Q/A system and then recreating the query, but the query still seems to be around, even after I delete it.

Thank you.

Nadia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadia,

check if  this query has workbooks (or) it is used in BO reporting (universe/webi). check these using the query where used list.

if you found nothing in where used list , alternatively try deleting it using table : RSZCOMPDIR (enter the query name in COMPID column)  (or) use the tcode : RSZDELETE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Thank you for responding.  It turns out there were two different element UIDs for the same query in the RSRREPDIR table.  I deleted the wrong entry, and after that the query ran fine.

Nadia

Answers (0)