Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

corrupt BEx query cannot be deleted from system

I have a query that for some reason became corrupted.  When I run rsrt on the query, I get an error message similar to the following:

Query definition...could not be read.

Query....could not be opened.

...Inc: CONSTRUCTOR Prof: CL_RSR_OLAP_VAR

This error only happens in the Q/A system.  Development and production systems are fine.

I deleted the query from the Q/A system, but even after the query was deleted, I was still able to run rsrt on it and I still got the error message!  Metadata of this query must be sitting somewhere in the system and has to be deleted.  I deleted all cache in transaction rsrt, but that didn't help.

I re-migrated this query from the development system to the Q/A system, but that didn't help either.  I even changed this query, so that it contains nothing except for one key figure -- no variables, no restrictions.  I still got the error.  When I save the original query under a new name, the new query doesn't get an error message.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to fix this query?  I don't mind just getting rid of it from the Q/A system and then recreating the query, but the query still seems to be around, even after I delete it.

Thank you.

Nadia

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Jyothi,

Thank you for responding.  It turns out there were two different element UIDs for the same query in the RSRREPDIR table.  I deleted the wrong entry, and after that the query ran fine.

Nadia

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question