Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

possible design flaw with multiple values in the filter

Hello,

I really need some help resolving this issue.

We have a report which accepts 4 parameters. The report has 2 sub reports. Based on parameters, we hide the main report and generate sub reports 2 &3. The report uses SQL command to generate reports. Each sub report is linked to main report using fields which are 1:1 mapping. When I try to run the report by passing single value in the filter, it generates fine. But, when I try to pass multiple values in the filter criteria, for e.g invoicenumber in (1,2), the visual studio add-in crashes indicating that it cannot accept multiple filter criteria with the same parameter values. Do I need to change any thing or have a formula inside the sub report to allow multiple filter criteria?

The aim is to generate a single file where the sub reports 1,2  are generated for a invoicenumber 1 followed by sub reports 1, 2 generated for invoicenumber 2 with the main report hidden.

Sorry, let me know if the question is unclear.

Thanks,

Dileep

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hey Don,

Just figured out the issue. The issue is with page orientation in one of the group of the subreport is different to other groups in sub report. If i changed everything to landscape, it worked. I will raise a ticket to crystal support to fix the tool /client to show exact error

Thanks  much!!!

Dileep

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question