Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local web IDE is showing in different way in my system

vijay_meda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I able to configure the local web ide 1.12 successfully. Till yesterday . It was showing in normal look and feel. From today when I try access the web ide. the look and feel and navigation showing in different away. Please look at the following screen shot.

the behavior is same in any browser I try to access

IE11

chrome

Firefox.

The same configured folder I have zipped id and used in different system. It is displaying in normal way. Please find the below screen shot.

I have tried access web ide which running in my local system from different system using my system name in the url. Even then it is having the same issue.

can you please let me know If any one faced the same issue before, what could be the issue?

thanks

vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You might want to try with changing the URL to localhost:9090/webide.

Thanks

Prashil

vijay_meda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Prashil,

Thanks for your response.  Actually I have tried that, it is working.

Normally we are not giving the "webide" word in url, it will come automatically when you give http://localhost:9090/index.html

But in my system I need to give  http://localhost:9090/webide/index.html this complete url.

Karthik,

Thanks for the reply

Presently local webide is available only 1.12 version. Can you please share url for  downloading 1.16 local webide version.

or

Is there any way to upgrade the local web ide 1.12 version to 1.16.

Thanks to all for reply

thanks

vijay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One screenshot is Orion and the other is Web IDE..

vijay_meda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Michal,

Issue got resolved.  Is it possible to upgrade the local web ide to latest version same as cloud webide?

Presently local web ide available as 1.12 only.

Thanks

vijay

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There's no current date for an update to the local Web IDE.

In order to get all latest features we recommend to use the cloud version of Web IDE.

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal.

Does SAP support local (onPremise) WEB IDE installation?

What should "closed" organizations do?

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolay,

We would like to help customers using the local Web IDE by community support via the SCN.

If you take a look at the End user license agreement that you have to sign before downloading the local Web IDE it states: Support: SAP does not offer support fir the Software other than - at its sole discretion - provision of updates, patches, bug fixes and new versions.

There are ways to keep your company secure when using Web IDE on cloud (i.e. using the HANA Cloud Connector) - see this section in our documentation for more info on security:

SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

Regards,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as I see in  Implementation Overview - SAP Fiori for SAP Business Suite - SAP Library , there are 3 ways to to install and configure SAP Fiori apps.

In SAP Fiori System Landscape with ABAP Environment (transactional apps) all systems can be local.

So if I am right, the development phase is in a cloud, and ready for use application are installed locally?

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use local Web IDE to develop Fiori apps, but it's not for productive use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is internal organization use "Productiv use" ?

If no, so why SAP doesn't support WEB IDE onPremise?

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Nikolay,

Usually "not for productive use" means that the "Web IDE On-Premise" (SAP delivery is really a few plugins over Oracle's Orion) is provided "as-is" and SAP does not either provide direct support neither "guarantees" about the software they are delivering... it's sort of "use at your own risk" kind of thing - they clean their hands basically if something happens and the counter-part offering is to tie-up with HCP.

Also please remember as soon you utilize Web IDE locally to deploy into your ABAP Mime Rep. you also lack "source control" and "versioning" of your code - you can still work using a "checkin/checkout" style however you should consider to use a source control tool (the HCP counterpart must be using some open source git solution).

Hope it helps,

Dan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal and Daniel

kailashj
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

karthikarjun
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Currently web Ide points to 1.16.4. Could you please upgrade your package version and try

Thanks,

KA

GabrielGomezPad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I wonder if Tools->preferences can help you modifiying the appearance of WebIDE?

I hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Gabriel