Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calc view with multiple input params error

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am having an issue with a calc view which has required input params while calling it from a stored proc. When I hard code the same value, then the stored proc runs fine, however, when I call it with a variable that I am passing in.. then I get an error. any pointers are appreciated.

while debugging the stored proc, I am able to see the value that I need, however, the error contains a funny looking message... the word [here] appears as the value which is assigned to the variable which I am using. I am confused as to where this value is getting assigned from

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my query is now working.. the syntax is : select * from myCalView ( 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$i_matnr$$', '000000000000001182'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$i_location$$', 'D012'',''D005')) also I had an issue in the model which was addressed by our modeler.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this same issue is happening when i call it from SQL Console.

My query:

select * from myCalView ( 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$i_matnr$$', '000000000000001182'),

'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$i_location$$', '''D012'',''D005'''))

The error is:

Could not execute 'SELECT *, ...' in 11 ms 81 µs .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [6968] Evaluator: syntax error in expression string;expected TK_RPAREN,parsing "in (\"MATNR\",'000000000000001182') AND in (\"WERKS\",''[here]D012','D005'')"

Why does the [here]  show on the error.. I am not sure where that is coming from.

the funny thing is that if i pass a single value, then i get a result back..

in my calc view i have a filter expression that looks like this:

in ("VWERK",'$$i_location$$')

and

in ("MATNR",'$$i_matnr$$')

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

I'm not sure whether this could be of any help, but my guess is there is some junk value already in the variable V_MTRLS_STRING. So can you try initializing it to NULL value when u declare it and rerun the procedure.

Regards,

Anil

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Anil.. no this is not the solution. i am still not able to query it with multiple values.