cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain texts on master data items in various languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got a requirement to maintain texts on master data items like Cost centers, profit centers, internal orders and cost elements in various languages without logging out of ECC and logging into the respective language.

Could you please let me know the best way to do it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

It should be done in the individual "change" transaction for Controlling Master data maintenance. SE63 is not meant for Master data description maintenance.

Check the nodes in SPRO --> Controlling.  ( E.g Cost center change is KS02 ).

Sample menu path for profit centre SPRO-->Controlling-->Profit Centre Accounting-->Master Data-->Profit Centre-->Define Profit Centre-->Change Profit Centre.

You should see a button after the description. Click that and it will ask you enter Language Enter the language and then you should be able to able to maintain the text in that language.

R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE63 : e.g. Abap Objects, Short Texts, A1 Application Texts / TABL Tables (CSKT, CEPCT, etc.)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Raymond!

Could you please let me know where do we have the option in SE63 to change language without logging off?

Thanks,

Ayushi

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The path I explictly wrote allow translation of short texts in another language.

Some transaction have this option, eg. MM02, FS02. But in a tranaction  as KS02 even if you can maitain some long text (Edit, Long text, input language), this long text doesn't seem to be copied back to short text, when  this is the case for MM02 for example)

Regards,

Raymond