cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set restriction for sending master data to GTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need your assistance.

Customer use ECC6.0 with multiple branches all over the north and south America. Each branch is divided by company code.

Management decided to exclude South America branch’s  master data (customer, material and vendor) to be transferred to GTS system.

How to set restriction by company code, or sales org to send master data to GTS system???

We tried to set restriction from user exit but it did not work.

We also tried to set it from BD64 but it did not work.

Please advise if any of you have ideas how to set restriction to send master data to GTS?

Thank you in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junko,

The user-exits work perfectly well for filtering.

For Partners, use EXIT_SAPLSLL_LEG_PARR3_001 (customers) and EXIT_SAPLSLL_LEG_PARR3_003 (vendors), and simply remove any unwanted entries from tables CT_KNA1, etc., according to your requirements.  For customers, table CT_KNB1 holds the Company Code assignments, so those will probably be your criteria.

For Products, use EXIT_SAPLSLL_LEG_PRR3_002.  There you can un-set the TRANSFER flag in table ET_MAT_TRANSFER for any entries not to be transferred.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dave

Thank you so much for the help.

I tried the user exit for the material filtering.

In FM /SAPSLL/MATMAS_DISTRIBUTE_R3 

In debugger I see the Key_Old tables, that I can delete unnecessary entries from. That way the materials will not be transferred to GTS.( The ET_MAT_TRANSFER table is always blank ).

The only problem I have with this approach is that the materials that I delete from the  ls_material_key_tables_old and  ls_material_tables_old tables keep coming back in for transfer when the program is run again. This is a big problem for us, since we have multiple global companies on the system, and could potentially end up with a thousand materials that we have to "filter out" every single time.

Is there another approach, may be in configuration, how can we stop the materials that do not belong to a specific company code from being picked up by change pointers?

Thank you

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Yes, you are correct - in the user-exit, you need to influence the KEY_OLD tables (sorry for my mistake).  Those are used to drive the mapping, and only the mapped Materials get transferred to GTS.

But the results of the transfer (table LT_RES_KEY) are used to update the Change Pointers, so unless your transfers are failing, you shouldn't see the same Materials coming back again in the next run.

Please check again, and see what's happening in "debug", particularly right at the end of the run (around line 186 - the call to Function Module /SAPSLL/MATMAS_CP_UPDATE_R3).

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave, thank you!

Ok I filled the ET_MAT_TRANSFER table in the first user exit with materials that I do not want to send.

And then I added them to LT_RES_KEY in the next user exit 'SLL_LEG_PRR3_003' and that changed the material send status and they were not picked up next runtime

Erol_CAGLAR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, Can you drop simple code here.

Best Wishes

Erol

Answers (0)