cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I've got a dashboard created in 4.1 SP4 which uses a crystal report as it's datasource via live office. The refresh options for the report are set as 'Latest Instance: From the latest instance scheduled by Any User' and the report is scheduled to run every hour within business objects.

The problem I've got is when I refresh the report within dashboard it looks as though the report is being run adhoc and the resulting spreadsheet being pushed back to the dashboard. I thought it would just pick up the latest instance of the report from business objects.

Not sure what I've done wrong. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Stuart.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

check this link

BG,

Sundar Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've managed to enable the Last Instance option by ensuring the instance of the report in business objects is of the format Crystal Report (and not excel as I originally had it).

I'm still not understanding why, when the report updates on the dashboard, I'm still seeing current data and not data from the latest instance.

Any ideas anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

have you selected the options as session URL and the options of usage tab

as below.

please mention in more detail.

BG,

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

Yes, I have updated the URL in the definition tab to include the server name and the refresh options in the usage tabs in the data manager.

When I look at the refresh options on the spreadsheet the Latest Instance option in greyed out still.

I'm not sure what other information I can give you that would help.

Regards

Stuart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

please check this thread it might help you

Latest instance refresh option greyed out

hope this solves.

BG,

Sundar Kumar