cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server + OS + db migration BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm struggling with the most optimal scenario to do the following on an existing BO 4.1 SP6 system:

We want to move our existing system (Win Server 2008 R2 & CMC db = SQL Server 2012) to a new server, running on Windows server 2012, and at the same time use another database for the CMC (Sybase ASE).

So we want to do a server move AND an OS migration and a CMC database migration, without losing anything of course.

Should I consider this as a promotion?  I was thinking on installing a fresh BO 4.1 SP6 system (with sybase ASE) on Win server 2012, and with the PMT transport all BI content from the old server to the new one.

But is the PMT OS and DB agnostic?  And do I lose anything this way, infoobjects etc?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use PM to move your content. If your environment is too big, i would suggest to split the objects promotion in to multiple jobs and promote. Otherwise you will see timeout issues.

You can also use  command line PM to avoid timeout issues.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rukaiya_pinjari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After  fresh install of BI 4.1 SP6 ,you can use lcm_cli.bat to promote all  BI content from old BI 4.1 Sp6  to the new BI 4.1 SP6 environment.

Here are some important KBA for that -

KBA 2078725 - How to do Live to Live Migration using lcm_cli.bat tool.

KBA 1969259 - LCM CLI Master Note - How to promote thousands of objects across BI4 environments ?

Regards ,
Rukaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess both answers are correct.

As our BO system is rather small, I'm going to try with PM first and use the lcm_cli as a backup scenario.

Tnx!