cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for VS2015

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've just installed VS2015 and downloaded and installed Crystal Reports for VS.  All fine so far - I have the Crystal Viewer in the toolbox and some code written in VS2005 has ported successfully (a very simple form to display the CR Viewer and load a report).

However, when I add my report to my project (Add Existing Item), firstly, it doesn't give me the option to filter only .rpt files (like it did in VS2005).  Secondly, if I add the file anyway (by changing the filter to All Files *.*), when I double-click on the file (in the Solution Explorer), it shows it in hex rather than opening the designer which is what I would have expected!

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This needs to be posted in the Crystal for Visual Studio forum since it is a question about adding crystal viewer to a project.   This forum is about designing the reports themselves    

Ted   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Many thanks for that!  I found it hard enough to find this forum - I'll try harder next time!

Anyway - I've since downloaded/installed the latest version (13.0.15) and all is working as expected!

How do I close this thread?

John

0 Kudos

Hi John,

I moved your post to the .NET SDK Forum.

Thanks

Don

Answers (0)