SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FM area not available for configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing two unexpected behaviors from FM configuration and I would like to check with you, experienced professional, whether it is ok and possible solutions, Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

My customer requirement is to manage the budget as year basis. After creating a new FM área, named ORCA, as assigned it to the company code I am trying to complete these configuration steps without success.

1. Public Sector Management => Fund Management Government => Basic Settings => Activate Multi-Year Budget Execution.

I understand there is no configuration required here as customer needs to manage budget year dependent. By my point is: why the new FM área ORCA does not show up? Is it OK? Missing FM área at this point would cause inconsistences in the future?

2. (T-CODE FMSG) - Public Sector Management => Funds Management Government => Master Data => Account Assignment Elements => Funds Center => Hierarchy Variant => Assign Hierarchy Variant to FM Area

On the other hand we would like to work with year independent fund center máster data. As per SAP documentation, I can have hierarchy defined through the years by putting blank in fiscal year. Please, note the shotscreen above, fiscal year is required. I have tried to inform fiscal year 0000 and got the message F6508 "Hierarchy variant 000 is incomplete with regard to fiscal year 0000".

Just for record, Year-dependent máster data is not activated.

Thanks in advance for your attencion.

Kind regards,

Adriana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something is definitely incomplete in your FM area setting. FM area should appear in the customization mentioned by you, even if multi-year flag is switched off. Check FM01D table and make sure that your FM area appears there.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Something is definitely incomplete in your FM area setting. FM area should appear in the customization mentioned by you, even if multi-year flag is switched off. Check FM01D table and make sure that your FM area appears there.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli, thanks for your reply.

FM Area ORCA appears in FM01D table. Do you have any advise for item 2?

Regards,

Adriana

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, you should see it in customization entry...

For your hierarchy: did you assign your fund centres to hierarchy "000"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all!

Just to keep you posted:

Regarding my questions:

No. 1: after doing few postings into the system the new FM area showed up in Activate  Multi-Year Budget Execution. Not sure whether it is OK or not but ... let's move on!

No. 2: I had 2 sample fund centers created. I have assigned them to the variant manually and so I could complete the configuration for T-CODE FMSG.

Thanks Eli for your suggestion. 

Adriana

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Shouldn't be related to postings. Most probably you completed some other settings which made FM area to appear in the view

2. Good

Eli