cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: FHSQL feature in BO4.1 SP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was able to convert the FHSQL based report and Configured the FHSQL data provider,

but i am not able to see the report results, i have to manually select the objects and drag

and drop them to the results panel for the output.

Is there any workaround to get the results without manually selecting the objects for the results.

Also when i am trying to edit the Query it is giving the message:

"You cannot edit this data provider, because it is based on a free-hand SQL script"

Cant we edit the report based out of FHSQL.

Thank you for the Help !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lilkar,

You should not get the error below BI4.1SP06 onwards since FHSQL is supported.

Error: "You cannot edit this data provider, because it is based on a free-hand SQL script"

We have converted many DESKI rerports to WEBI and used them in BI4.1SP06(Edit/View) and they worked just fine.

Could you please check whether the report is successfully converted or not?

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

The report is fully converted.

when i am running the report in 4.1, it is not showing results.

we need to manually select the objects from the available objects.

when we try to edit the Query it says "You cannot edit this data provider, because it is based on a free-hand SQL script"

kindly explain how were u able to do...

Thanks for the Help !!!

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this issue happening for all the reports?

What is your 3.1 SP level?

Use UMT to move the report to your 4.1 environment. Use RCT to convert the deski report to WEBI report FHSQL and publish it to 4.1 environment

Refresh the webi report.and you should be good to go.

When you did the UMT, did you move all the dependecies like security etc. Check your permissions on the report in 4.1, see if you have access to edit the reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lilkar,

There are actually three ways to convert and migrate the DESKI reports to BI4.1.

So we have followed the following approach.

We have converted the Desktop Intelligence (.rep) reports from the XI 3.x CMS systems to Web Intelligence (.wid) using the Report Conversion Tool of BI 4.1SP06, and published them to BI 4.1SP06 CMS system (target) without moving the dependencies of source report to the target.

Here, we did not use the Upgrade Management Tool. RCT will only publish these converted WEBI reports to the target system under the folder "Report Conversion Tool->Report Conversion Tool Documents". If you want you can also change these target folders before publishing.

After the successful conversion, we have tried to view/refresh/edit it on the target system and it worked fine for us, Please go through the screenshots below.

Design Mode:

Edit Query:

Add Query: We were also able to add a new query.

NOTE: To maintain the confidentiality of our environments I have removed the object names. Report conversion tool itself will migrate the connections for the DESKI reports to the target as well. The connections would be renamed as "FHSQL002_ConnectionNameOfSourceSystem". We have tested this approach for universe based and FHSQL based DESKI reports, both worked fine for us.

Followings are our environment details we used:

Source System: BO 3.1 SP6.2

Target: BI4.1SP06

DB: Oracle 11G

Hope this would help you

~SwapnilY

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was your source report deski or webi?

SP6 and before, RCT used to create Universe when you convert FHSQL report, but from SP6 , it does not create any universe, converted report will have FHSQL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Source report is Deski report.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you convert the deski report to webi? I am still not clear your work flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

I converted the Deski FHSQL report, and when i am running the report in Webi 4.1 SP6,

The report is blank, i need to manually select the objects in the results panel for the output.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is by design. Objects in the Select statement cannot be used similar to Universe objects as they are no where physically available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

But if we see the report in Structure view, it is displaying as it is in Deski.

why cant we see it in results.

Thank you for Help !!!