cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to SAP Info Sets

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A user of my 32-bit CRVS SP15 .NET winform viewer is unable to get data from a report with the following data source properties (SAP Info Sets): http://screencast.com/t/PlqU0rkwRLxC

The same machhine is able to retrieve data via Crystal Designer 14.1.1.1036

The machine also has SAP Login 740 installed.

Is there some connectivity kit or registry settings that are needed for the .NET runtime to connect?

Same question for the XI R2 RDC runtime.

Thanks,

- Ido

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ido,

Remove CR 2013 from your test image/PC or CR for VS. The problem is CR 2013 uses version 14.1 and as you may know you cannot have CR 2011 version 14.0 on the same PC, they are the same.

With CR for VS it uses some version 14.0 dll's ( 11 of them ) and this breaks CR for VS when it finds the version 14.1 dll's. Work around is to use BI 4.1 .NET SDK if you an download it but it has limitations, it's not as far with updates as CR for VS is.

The RDC did have a separate download for those SAP Connectivity drivers but I don't have it installed anymore so I can't test and no idea if it was supported in the SDK.

Don

PS - I've asked DEV to look into reversioning those 11 dll's.

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

1. The machine doesn't have CR for VS. It only has the "SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework (32-bit), SP15 (via my winform viewer install).  Is that still an issue?

2. Where can we locate the download for the RDC SAP connectivity drivers for XI R2?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Ido,

If CR 2013 is installed yes it's still an issue.

No longer available for XI R2 downloads. I'll see if anyone here has it or a link to get it.

Don

Answers (0)