cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sia server not starting after migration cms db

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

We have sap bo xi sp5 in aix with a cms db of db2 8.2 and migrate this db to db2 9.5. We changed all the AIX variables (LIBPATH, PATH, DB2DIR INSTHOME and DB2INSTANCE) and perform a test with db2 command tool where we can connect successfuly to new database.But when i Try to start the servers (running the startservers) the system keeps down.

If i run the cmsdbsetup.sh script I get the following message:

err: ERROR Failed to get cluster name. (STU00165) err: Error description: The index was not created because an index "BO31QADM.SI_INSTANCE_OBJ_I6" with a matching definition already exists. SQLSTATE=01550

In fact this index exists in the database but sounds strange that it's being created again.

Our environment: SAP BO XI 3.1 SP5 on AIX 6.1.9.5

CMS and audit DB: DB2 LUW 9.5

Any ideia?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rukaiya_pinjari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding one more important KBA -

1667586 - Backup and restore of filestore and cms database of a BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x sy...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rukaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have stoped the SIA and used the update optin, but no luck.

Same otput is generated:

err: ERROR Failed to get cluster name. (STU00165)

err: Error description: The index was not created because an index "BO31QADM.SI_INSTANCE_OBJ_I6" with a matching definition already exists. SQLSTATE=01550

It seems BO isn't able to connect to DB2 database, but if i use the db2 client tool via AIX I can connect to Database with no problem.

Notice that the data for connecting to CMS db is the same (same databse sane user and password) we have only upgraded the version.

Any suggestion?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio,

How did you migrate the DB2 8.2 CMS database to 9.5, did you use the SIA to copy.  Using DB2 tools to copy does NOT always work properly, see steps below.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

It was our DB2 DBA, and yes it was a "common" migration.

If fact we tried to connect to CMS DB via DB2 9.5 Client but no luck. Instead if we use the 8.2 DB2 client to connect to 9.5 DB it works what is even more strange.

What I realize from your post is that I need to recoop my Db2 8.2 database and empty thw Db2 9.5 database and use the option you mention(not i'm using AIX not windows but in cmsdbsetup it whold be the same)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio,

In fact it should be the other way.  You should have first installed DB2 9.5 client and connected to the 8.2 database to make sure existing settings worked fine.  Then the next step should have been is to use the CMS Datasource copy function and connect Db2 9.5 client to the 9.5 database.   We have done this fool proof steps to migrate several time with all our BOE XI 3.1.x clients running DB2 9.7 on Linux and Windows.

You have to keep in-mind that NO vendor can make a product forward compatible.  For that reason you should NOT be using a DB2 8.2 client to connect to a 9.5 database.   You need to get DB2 9.5 client connection DB2 8.2 Database working first.

The other MOST IMPORTANT fact is that DB2 8.2 Client is NOT even supported by BOE XI 3.1.5 , the PAM clearly states you need to be running ver 9.1 or higher.  See link and image below on page # 9.  I would even suggest using DB2 9.7 Client to do all connections.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks four your input.

The BO aplicaction and the CMS databse are in the same server machine, so I guess we are not even using the Db2 client. BO sould read database via the LIBS aix variables. We are using the 9.5 database but with a 8.2 instance which I guess it point (in db2 catalog) to a 9.5 Databse

Now the DB2 home is for the 9.5 instance and this db2 catalog points also to 9.5 database.

The only change is the libs directory with was pointing to the 8.2 instance and now is to 9.5 instance.

I know 8.2 is no longer supported so we are trying to use the 9.5 at all

At this point even if i restore the 8.2 databse it will be outdated.

So in this point i don't know exactly what to do...

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio,

The first thing you need to is split the Application Server and Database Server, you NEVER install the Application and Database on the same server.  You best option is install NEW DB2 Database server and copy the databases to new server.   For CMS migration you should use the CMS datasource copy tool.

Regards,

Ajay

rukaiya_pinjari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rukaiya,

I can't open the second document you link.

Thnaks.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio,

Since the DB driver has changed from DB2 8.2 to 9.5, you will need to reset the CMS Database connection.   Open the SIA, remap to new DB2 9.5 data-source and re-initialize the SIA, see step-by-step instruction

Regards,

Ajay