cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#VALUE with DATEVALUE formula for some users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a situation whereby DATEVALUE formula works perfectly fine in excel on my PC and with another user it shows #VALUE .

The issue arised when a user tried to refresh the Analysis for office reports against the BEX query and the custom formula shows #VALUE for that user . For me on my Analysis for office, the formula works fine.

I understand that DATEVALUE works when the source cell is a text format and so is my source cell. For eg: Calendar day from BEX query in a cell is represented as  '25.06.2015 and when I do =DATEVALUE(MID(Calendar_day(4,10)) , I get 42156 of course which I then set to display as Jun-15

But the same report when refreshed on another user PC  shows #VALUE instead of Jun-15

We checked out language settings and both use English US.

Does anyone know why this difference in behaviour?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

Please compare the user settings between you and the other user in SU01D on the backend.  There should be a "defaults" tab for date settings.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Unfortunately the settings on SU01 remains the same for both users. The excel versions are also the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem was with the regional settings in the PC. Nothing to do with analysis for office or excel.