Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Browser Tab-Title of Web Dynpro and custom SAPUI5-App always "Home" if started from Launchpad

Hello Experts,

1.Problem

i have a Problem with Starting an Web Dynpro Applikation from Fiori Lauchpad.

It opens correctly in a PopUp and everything works fine.

My issue is that if i'm launching this WebDynpro from the Lauchnpad, the Browsers Tab Title is always "Home" like the Launchpad.

But i want the title of the WebDynpro Application there.

Do anyone know how to solve this? Thanks

2.Problem

This Problem is similar but different.

If i Start my SAPUI5 Custom app from the Launchpad there is the same Problem with the Browser Tab-Title. Ther is always "Home" instead of the applications title

I solved this by adding the Information "SAPUI5.Component=..." in the LPD_CUST. But if i fill this Parameter in the LPD_CUST a new issue appears.

So i have an Backgroundimage in my custom SplitApp that works fine when running standalone and from Launchpad.

this.app.setBackgroundImage("Img/DSD_7043.jpg");
     this.app.setBackgroundRepeat(false);
     this.app.setBackgroundOpacity(0.8);

But if i add the Information "SAPUI5.Component=..." the Backgroundimage gets overwritten by the Fiori theme.

How can i avoid this or how can i set the Browser Tab-Title without setting the Information "SAPUI5.Component=..." in the LPD_CUST?

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello Thorsten,

the Browser Tab title problem is going to be solved if you update to SAP UI Addon 2.0.

After we updated to 2.0 the Browserstab titles are being desplayed correctly. With Webynpro and UI5 Apps.

But it still overwrites the Backgroundpicture and uses the default ui5 version if u use "SAPUI5.Component=..." in the LPD_CUST.

I hope it helps you.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question