cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WEB-IDE trial account for develop and deploy fiori apps to production environment

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I use HCP trial account based WEB-IDE to develop and deploy Fiori apps to production environment?

Or should buy licensed WEB-IDE to develop Fiori apps in Production environment?

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

GabrielGomezPad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yokesvaran,

you can make the required connection of WebIDe in HCP to your backend. For this, take a look at the point "Installing and configuring the HANA Cloud Connector"(4.4) in this guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/004f38ec-b5d6-3110-67b0-df30d3257...

I hope it helps,

Gabriel

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Gabriel Gomez

I have done the configuration of SAP cloud connector to establish connection between ECC and WEB-IDE.

But my question is, Can we use this WEB-IDE trial account for developing a client project?

Will it have any impact when we are moving Fiori apps (developed in trial WEB-IDE) to Production?

is it illegal or SAP policy violation?

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think for production usage you must have a valid licences from SAP for WebIDE and for your cloud developer account.

From the infrastructure side you may need to consider talking your infrastructure team to use SAP Cloud connector to deploy the SAP FIORI based apps.

Thanks

Krishna

GabrielGomezPad
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clarification Yokesvaran,

it is indeed a good question. Your trial account is only for non-production usage. But seems to exists a "Free Edition" for productive usage, according to the information on page 9 of this document

The document was found in sapstore (PDF of FAQ´s):

https://www.sapstore.com/solutions/60009/SAP-Web-IDE

But to find such "Get Started - Free Edition" was for me impossible so I would say the license must be purchased.

Best regards,

Gabriel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivakumar_mobility
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yokeswaran,

In order to run Production ,you have to get licence from sap. But you can check with other environment with your Trail account.

Fiori APPS are free  package only in EHP 7  but deploy the SAP FIORI based apps by usingSAP Cloud connector in production ,you need licence.

with regards,

siva.