Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEMANTIC PARTITIONING IN BW - can SPO cube be used to feed BPC model

jsmawai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We do have a requirement to implement the semantic partitioning on top of a standard DSO.

So my approach would be an info source with semantic partitioning of cubes on top of DSO. With this semantic partitioning of cubes, we plan to achieve the data segregation based on the 0FISCYEAR PERIOD.Then finally can we use the SPO-Cube as a feeder to BPC cube?

Comments / suggestions please!!!

Let me add one more line to my above post. I would like to add a BPC staging cube(standard info cube) on top of the semantic CUBE so that the BPC staging data will be feeded to BPC model and semantic cube can be used for BW reporting. Looking for a most efficient approach? Any comments / suggestions please!!!

Thanks in Advance

Sidd..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

Great your approach is good at it is doable and problem proof. . .

Option-1 (Your base idea)

DSO  ----->  Info Src  ----->  Semantic IC (BW Data)  ----->  IC STD  (BPC Staging)

Pros 1) Easy to develop 2) Ability to have a solid design 3) Moderate reporting flexibility

Option-2 (My suggestion)

DSO  ----->  Info Src  ----->  Semantic IC (BW Data)  ----->  IC STD  (BPC Staging----->  Multiprovider (For better flexibility of reporting)

Pros 1) Easy to develop 2) Ability to have a solid design 3) Advanced reporting flexibility bcoz we may not know the users need, many times they come and ask data at every level.

Let me know if any hit back during development.

Hope this is helpful Best wishes. -Ashok

jsmawai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I will proceed with option-2 as suggested with a Multi Provider.

What do you say if Multi provider is proposed on top of Semantic Cube?

The reason to propose MP on top of semantic cube, as BPC staging cube may have limited fields that are only required for BPC model.

Regards

Siddhu

former_member181999
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhu,

Yeah, your understanding is right.

Thumb rule is facilitate reporting layer.

Thank you -Ashok

Answers (0)