cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert new Columns in Analysis for Office 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have a BEx Query added as a Datasource in a Analysis for Office Excel Workbook.

Company CodePCS
China10
Australia20

Now I like to add a new Column into this Table:

Company CodeBudgetPCS
China1010
Australia3020

This is not a BI-IP application. The user wants only add manually the Values for the Budget and the he wants to save this Workbook to the BI-Plattform.

When refresh the BEx Query, the Budget Column should be still there with the Values the User entered.

Does somebody know, how to insert such a Colum? A How-To would be great!

Thanks.

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have a few options. Do you need to store the budget figure in BW?

If yes you could look at using the planning functionality.

If no you could convert the crosstab to formula and just add a column to enter the budget. If you want to retain the crosstab you could put the budget figure at the end of your crosstab provided the column numbers do not grow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

thanks for your answer. No i dont want to store to BW, it's not a BI-IP application.

I want to insert a Column between Company Code and the Keyfigure.

How i can insert such a Column, that is not disapear if I refresh the Query?

Thanks.

Adrian

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

At the moment this is not possible. But this a feature which maybe will be added to AO in future. SAP has talked about this possibility in past (also to store forumulas in such fields) but up to now this is not implemented. Maybe in 2.2 or later.

former_member198454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael. I agree with Torsten. I specifically asked this question before. I was told the ability to insert rows and columns in the current version is simply to visually separate areas within your crosstab. I was told hopefully this functionality will be added in future versions.

My users would be thrilled with this capability. I just entered a new idea into the SAP Idea Place. If you aren't familiar with SAP IdeaPlace it allows end users to submit ideas that fellow end users can vote to raise importance of the issue with SAP. You can also add additional comments on the idea for consideration as well.

Here is a link to the idea I submitted: https://ideas.sap.com/D29750

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Last week at SAP TechEd Las Vegas, SAP showed a demo of 2.2, where you can insert rows/columns with custom Excel formulas; after refreshing the formulas stay....when I have time I will try to share more of my notes. 

former_member198454
Participant
0 Kudos

Tammy, that would be fantastic! Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Great news!! Thanks a lot!!

Answers (0)