cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project system approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS experts,

I have a requirement to make approval cycle on the project after the project planner creates the project.
this approval will be as follows:

1- Project planner.
2- Project Manager.
3- Projects Manager.
4-Financial Manager.
5-CEO.

I am now working on it as a user statues.
as I cannot release the project before CEO statues but the customer asked me to not make any changes after approval of the project and if he want to change we can cancel the approval cycle to change and after changing, it must be approval Cycle from the beggining.

My questions:

1- is this true to make it by user statues or there is another better idea for doing that.
2- if the only solution is user statues how can i cancel the statues to make any changes to the project.
3- What exactly the business process that will be forbidden before all of these user statues and what exactly the business process that will be forbidden after CEO approval.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed Ghareeb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I appreciate your answers but it's not investment projects.
all is a customer project and no need for investment management module.
so i am working on it as a user statues to make a work around for approval Cycle of the project.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configuring a series of User Statuses will control the projects per your requirements.  That is easy to do.

Actually getting the users to set the proper status is the purpose of using Workflow.  Without workflow the users, including the CEO, will have to use a SAP Transaction like CJ20N to change the User Status, then how is the next person in the approval cycle informed? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for you best answers.
about the Appropriation Request my investment management is out of scope to use it.

also workflow management not in this phase of the project we will implement it after that.

so user statues will help me ?

as i want to restrict customer from changes in plan after the final approval of the project and also restricting the customer from project execution ?
also the customer wants to make to stop make a recovery plan for the project after two or three months.
i want any ideas from you as i knew in implementing user statues for projects.
thanks in advance

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

"Out of scope" is a common mistake and a common excuse.  Sometime that means developing something from scratch and spending time and money to end up with non-standard solution that is not compatible with the standard functionality that is "out of scope".  Next you will spend even more time to scrap it and adjust the business and system process to meet SAP standard.

My point is that taking into the scope something that is "out of scope" normally is the most efficient and smart option.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implementing the workflow process for AR is simple and efficient way of controlling your approvals. That would be the best option I believe if you like to really have control on approvals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

As mentioned above, workflow for Appropriation Request can be used at multi level for getting all approvals. Only after the final approval, you can go ahead with project execution. It really depends on how you want to utilize the workflow. For any subsequent changes, you might even trigger another workflow.

BR/Raghu

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Statuses will achieve what you wish.  You will need to test to determine what Business Processes to restrict on your particular User Status.

As Paulo said you will also need a custom workflow to send workitems to the approvers in sequence.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Another option is the workflow for the Appropriation request in the Investment Management.

Another option is the workflow for Claims in PS Claims for any kind of changes, not just cost plan changes as it is originally designed for.

Another option is a custom workflow.

Regards,

Paulo