Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Update for PO Consignment

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a strange issue. I have default values for buyers ti auto-info update for every PO.

When i create a consignment PO the info update indicator is not selected automatically, but i am able to select it in the material tab. Why is this happening?

I would like consignment info records to be created automatically as standard info records do.

BR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ali,

Provided Info record of category consignment is maintained; THEN the check box will be seen selected; for regular purchase , that appears by default.

System looks for consignment info record; since it is not available, the check box gets removed whenever you create a consignment PO.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nirgude,

The info update indicator is not only for updating but for creating an info record as well. I have cases were for a consignment PO without info record, the info update was selected automatically through user parameters and an info record was created.

The same logic applies for standard info records as well.

Am i right?

BR

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ali,

Same logic (of Std PIRs) does not apply to consignment.

For your case, I am presuming you've checked your system defaults.

Check OMFI.  The default value for info record update indicator must be 'A' (not blank).

Make sure the EVO parameter is assigned to yourself in defaults.

Now create a PO for a new material.

See that the PIR check box appears by default.

Change the item category of consignment, it goes away.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

If Standard info record exists then system creates automatically consignment info record. Otherwise no info record is created and it has to be created manually.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can possibly check two things:

1. OMEV - Check if 'consignment info record' option is active

2. Also if special procurement indicator is maintained  as 10 in material master.

Along with above mentioned points.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayli,

1. consignment info record' option is active

2. I do not have any special procurement types in the material master.

BR

0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

For the consignment PO, what specific detail do you want to update to the Info Record from the PO as Consignment PO does not hold any Pricing Condition details and generally we maintain the Info Record directly for Consignment POs?

Thanks and Regards,

Vikram

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually my client found it convenient the info record to be automatically created and then go with change and maintain prices, tax codes etc.

I suppose it is not possible this to be done automatically. 

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I as thinking the same if info update makes sense. However, why then it is possible to select the info update manually. In your case the info update tick did not disappear because probably a standard info record exist for this material-vendor.

If you try with a material that no info record exists at all, then the info update tick will disappear.

So i suppose automatically it is not possible to have the info update for consignment.

BR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read OSS note 841600 - ME31L: Kein Info Update bei Konsignationspositionen

and debug the very small program MM06EFIN_SPINF_SETZEN

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen thanx for the note, but this is an old one not applicable to my system. I am working on ECC 6.0 Ehp 6.

However, what bothers me is that according to note "The error only occurs if you create a consignment item with a material for which no purchasing info record exists yet".

However, my system behaves exactly like this. If i have a standard info record and i create a consignment PO, then the info update indicator is selected. If no other info record exists, then the info update ind. is not selected.

Is  this normal?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this note is not applicable for you, then it is already in your system, then you should see this note number in the code of program MM06EFIN_SPINF_SETZEN

debug this tiny program and see what values you have for the fields

ekpo-pstyp

pstyp-kons

ekpo-ematn

ekpo-spinf

t160v-einfb

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

The note is already implemented in my system. As concerns program MM06EFIN_SPINF_SETZEN it is used in ME31L and not in ME21N. The issue i am facing is during PO creation.

The debugger is not poped-up during me21n.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay.

I am just thinking whether it could be logical to create an consignment info record

If I create a consignment PO, then I get warning message ME399 telling me the the info record is not available and that you have to have a price in the PO for consignment orders, in the long text of the message is a hyperlink that calls ME11 to create an info record manually.

If SAP would be able to auto create info records then this link would not be needed.

Beside of that, neither price nor conditions are ever written to the Info Record, hence auto creation would not help to complete the PO without this ME399 message.

But the message is just a warning, and the price in the PO is not really needed since only a price in info record is needed when you do goods issues.

And while testing, my defaulted X in the info update box did not disappear at all.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I have already see this and you are correct. Somehow, i had the idea that the info update indicator would work the same way.

BR

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Ali, this and other issues about Info update are confusing.

You can close the thread.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone?