cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing on different unit of measure with variable conversion rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a requirement where i sell in meters but pricing unit is kilos and there is no constant rate for conversion between them, i searched for a solution i found batch uom but in my case we don't use batches, is there any other way to solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor

Hi

You can maintain quantity conversion in material master and change it as per actual in every sale order in item Sales A tab. You can also change pricing unit of measure in every sale order. If conversion is not fixed then you have to go for manual options.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM,

I will tell you my case lets say they received a 1000 m from customer then they get the weight lets say 1500 g then they calculate weight of meter which is going to be 1500/1000 = 1.5 g then they check what is the price of this 1.5 g which is 4 pounds for example then they multiply it with the number of meters they are going to sell to the customer lets say 750 m so it is going to be 4 * 750 = 3000 pounds.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Refer the following link for your reference in terms of Conversion of units from two different UoM family

Refer Scenario 2 in following SAP Link:

- Delivery Unit of Measure - Logistics Execution (LE) - SAP Library

Also consider, batch management while doing GR for the goods. Refer the following discussion to take care of that.

- Unit conversion for units from different UoM fa... | SCN

Moreover, your pricing condition type ought to have Calculat.type as C-Quantity.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti,

We don't use WM or BM, is there another way or I have to go through enhancement ?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

My suggestion would be to have BM in place for these sort of scenario for better classification and validation of stock.

If you don't want to BM, then you can go for enhancement based your logic. Mind you UoM and it's conversion will play critical role in this enhancement.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Based on your product ,it seems it is like paper industry or cold rolled steel industry where slitting  is a issue.I am presuming that the density of product is fix because as per you 1000 meter product weight 1.5 g /meter arrived means( 1000 meter*width*thickness= volume and then volume * gram/unit volume  =grame ,provided density is known).

Based on this please maintain in material master unit of measurement tab in additional screen in mm02 in width,length ,thickness as 1 and conversion unit between volume (m3 and gram) and in second conversion 1 meter = 1 m3

in SALE A screen selling unit as Meter.(refer attached screen) and then in vk31 pricing condition unit of measurment as g(gram).

saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saikat,

The industry is textile, example they received 1000 m cotton from customer to be dyed they calculate weight for the meter lets say it is going to be 250 g then they check this weight in which scale lets say from 250 g to 350 g it is 4 egp then they calculate price according to meters which is 4 * 1000. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Based on your answer I am presuming as follows there are three range and their coresponding egp's.

250g-300g=4egp

300g-350g=6egp

350g-400g=8egp

or you can refer wikipidia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Units_of_textile_measurement,

this range above  in g(gram ) can be replaced with count or density and coresponding range will give diffirent gram.

Step-1: create three alternate unit(screenshot)

Step-2:create measurement group(screenshot)

step3:add measurement group in mm02 in addtional data screen(screenshot)

Step-4:add one more unit 1meter=1egp

step-4:in vk 31 create price with unit of measure in M(meter)(screenshot)

step -5: with three AUN the required things come