cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help SOAP to RFC Scenario using BPM (Synchronous communication)

former_member55105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a scenario from SOAP to RFC scenario(Synchronous communication). Here I am creating a PM Notification in the SAP system through a webservice.

I am using three BAPI'S here,

1. BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE

2. BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE

3. BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

I am successful in calling the first BAPI from the Web Service. For this I have not used BPM. But to commit the transaction(PM notification in this case), I have to execute the other two BAPI's as well. I have to pass the output of first BAPI to the second BAPI and then execute the 2nd BAPI. And finally have to execute the 3rd BAPI. FYI, 3rd BAPI is not dependent on any output. It has to be executed independently after execution of the first two BAPI's.

How can I execute this scenario? Do I have to use BPM? If yes please let me know the steps in detail. I have not done any BPM scenario till now. So please answer me in detail.

Thanks in Advance,

Vijay

p.s. reward points are must

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use synchronous send step in your BPM - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/6211331c895f6ce10000000a1553f6/content.htm

first sync send for BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE, the response of tht to sync send of BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE and then call the 3rd BAPI !!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I know I am trying to open a thread which was closed long time back.

But I am facing the same issue (can use only PI BPM) and have used the BPM infrastucture to connect these BAPIs together. But the  BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE and BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE are not executing technically in the same session in SAP. Hence the notification number is not getting created.

Where you able to solve your problem? If so can you explain detail please? It would really be helpful

Thanks,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes, You will indeed need a BPM in this case...

Based on my understanding of the Scenario u have explained, here are the steps that would be needed.

1. Receive With the Sync-Async Bridge open.

2. Transformation Step (Between the source Request and The BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE Request)

3. Send Synchronous

4. Fork

5. In one Branch of the fork - Transformation (Between the BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE Response and API_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE Request)

6. In the other branch of the fork - Transformation (Between a Dummy Source and the BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT Request)

7. Send Synchronous (to make the 2nd BAPI Call)

6. Transformation ( BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE Response and the source Response)

7. Send Asynchronous (to make the 3rd BAPI call)

8. Send the Source Response and close the Sync-Async Bridge.

There might be alternative ways also of doing it...

Also a better design would be to take care of the 2nd and the 3rd BAPI call within the code of the 1st RFC Function Module.

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BPM do this type of task, i mean first two bapis successfully executed then the third one to be executed.

the first bapi send sysn step , to get the response and pass this to second again use the send step to do this type later third

Regards

Chilla