Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order type determination for strategy 82

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

We know that for strategy 82, one can have PO directly created and hence linked to the Sales Order.

Understand that checking control needs to be set up for the plant , order type combination.

A.] How can we influence the order type of the PO that gets created automatically? Say a ZP04 order type was created and I'd like to have this order type selected for PO creation whenever I create the SO.

B.] Also, if Sales order did have any blocks set up; will the PO get created after the blocks are released or at the instance when we save the SO?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can define 'default order type inside Production scheduling profile and assign to material master work center view.This will copy order type automatically to the production Order.

I dont think that if SO has any blocks will it be stop the creation of Production order. I suggest you to stop the release of the Production order using User exit,if relavant SO is blocked.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Velmurugan,

Had already maintained scheduling profile with PP01 order types and assigned it to MM.

However, every time I created the SO, before saving it took me to PO creation, the order type selected was PP04.

This is the order type for which I am looking to control. At the moment, its defaulting to PP04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check strategy 82 configuration. There is also provision to assign order type.

2. Kindly check: I have some experience about SO block. Suppose Production order is  created against SO and any one change the qty or price in SO  then SO is have credit block.

As soon as SO has credit block status , system assign the deletion flag against existing production order and after release of credit block system create new production order.

In this case there may be possibility of existing of more than one production oreder against one SO.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Check if you have a MRP group assigned to this material, if yes then is PP04 maintained in OPPR settings ?

Also check the production scheduler assigned to material in Work Scheduling view. Check the settings for same combination in OPJ9

Regards,

Rohit

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In Define strategy customization check the Order type mentioned.

Regards,

Velmurugan S

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin and  Velmurugan,

Thats precisely my question. Strategy 82 is set for order type PP04.

Then, say for  a set of materials, how can I influence the order type?

Say for a set of materials the order type should be ZP04,

for another set it should be ZP05 and so on. This way I know what to expect for the order type.

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

We do not have MRP groups maintained.

Also, OPJ9 ; Production profile values are not maintained. Needles to say, had tried without any prod profile values too in MM!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then I thing you have to remove order type from configuration of strategy 82. And assigne order type in MRP group or Scheduling profile

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Right Pravin,

However the first time you create a SO and it goes for a block; then probably it still creates a PO as mentioned by Velmurugan.

Agree with you on the rest.

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There too, the order type defaults. Hence not possible for removal or blanking it out.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The production order is assigned to the requirement class. You will find the requirement type on the sales order tab procurement. Then the requirement class is assigned to the requirement type on customizing.

The relevant customizing transactions are OVZG, OVZH and OVZI.

Regards

Caetano

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Get that.

So you can influence via item category group in mm?

Item category -- Requirement class , change the order type

Thanks!

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If the issue has been solved, please close the thread selecting the correct answer. See the blog for details.

Regards
Caetano

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cateano,

I see in my case

A.] Within SO; req type KMFA is set

and the link between

KMFA and Req class 201 is set up which leads to prod order type PP04.

B.] Also, item category comes as TAN which is derived from SO type and Item category group in MM

What is missing to me is the link between the above mentioned points A & B.

Cause in OVZI, do not see anywhere req class 201.

Mtl too had MRP type set as PD which does not have any entry in OVZI.

The intention is to be able to influence the order type when created via Sales Order; 82 strategy.

T

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The value defined on OVZI will only be considered if you change the setting "Origin of requirement type" from 0 to 1. With the value 0, the requirement type from the planning strategy will be considered.

You can find the requirement type assigned to the planning strategy on the customizing transaction OPPS.

Regards
Caetano

former_member221091
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano!

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @ sameer.nirgude

Kindly can you share the solution on 82 with PP04 order type issue.

As I tried on above steps ended up with PP04 Production type only for sale order.

Vignesh V

Answers (0)