cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Function code error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new in MSS/ESS. And recently I'm encountered a problem in MSS.

Problem: A manager need to view his employees absence quota, in MSS report he click-->Absence Quotas . When he launch the report an error message appear:! Function code * HIS RETQTA 5 does not exist. I've checked the authorisation and everything works fine.

I've checked the FM HR_HIS_READ, and the Fcode is:REPTQT 5

And in LPD_CUST, below is MSS Role Fcode:RETQTA 5

Below is ZXXX_MSS Role Fcode :REPTQT 5. We've configured to use this role in MSS portal, but not sure why when launch the absence report, in technical setting, the role is showing MSS and not ZXXX_MSS.

Appreciate who have experience on this problem before to provide me a solution. I suspect this error is due to the role in launch report is not ZXXX_MSS but MSS, therefore the Fcode : RETQTA 5 does not exist(cause in FM HR_HIS_READ the Fcode:REPTQT 5).If my finding is correct, may I know how to configure my launch report role=ZXXX_MSS or where is this role passing from? Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your guidance and help, this issue has been solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo Jo,

Good to hear, This is called Teamwork at its best, which is why I always keep coming to SCN.

Can you please share the resolution.

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've tried to change the FCODE for all the relevant role such as MSS and ZXXX_MSS according to SE37:HR_HIS_READ-->I77mwbfct.

And the results look good in development and test client, no error message.

But when transported to Production, user having the same problem again.

May I know anyone have any idea about this? Is it the server setting problem? Any backend setting need basis team to check? Appreciate your help to advise.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this is it bun in all my Target App. Parameters I have a / before the actual code. as shown below.

FCODE=* HIS REPIN/ 23&FTYPE=FUNC&SCENARIO=RPT0

So for your entry I would try:

FCODE=*HIS REPTQT/ 5&FTYPE=FUNC&SCENARIO=RPT0

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Martha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jo,

I tried removing the / In my entry that was working and I did get the same message you are seeing.

So I feel confident if you just add the / in your entry you will be good to go.

Thanks,

Martha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

Thanks for your advise. I've checked the setting and it's without '/'.

Role:MSS

Role:ZXXX_MSS (customised from MSS) ***Portal is suppose point to this FCODE.

SE37:HR_HIS_READ --> I77mwbfct

***Is set to : REPTQT 5

Error message:

***This error message is from MSS role.

From the Portal MSS technical setting, it's shows the role configured to -->MSS not ZXXX_MSS

Do you have any idea where to configure this Role? I think if manage to find out where to configure the report role maybe It can solve the problem. Appreciate your help to advise.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jo,

All you are missing is the / in your report code line add it and the report should start working. As I showed above all of my reports have the / in the code line and when I removed it I got the same error message you are displaying above.

Thanks,

Martha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

I've tried to add in '/' in my report code: FCODE=* HIS REPTQT /5&FTYPE=FUNC&SCENARIO=RPT0, but it doesn't solve my issue. After add in '/' when I click on the report, it keep loading without display the report.

Other that the above, do you have other suggestion? Do you have any idea where can I configure the Role in the technical setting of the Absent quota report in portal?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Can you check HR ESS/MSS Component Configuration with your custom role ie ZMSS...you can get it in SE80 - HRESS****

It mgiht ask Access Key, pls keep in handy. best of luck

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jo,

try running transaction SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL I had the issue with the non-stop spinning wheel and this corrected that.

As far as the Role and Technical Settings not sure what you are referring to. I set my role and Instance (Launchpad) in the details of my Reports node in my role as displayed below.

All my other settings come from the individual report settings in the Launchpad entry.

Hope this helps with your question?

Thanks,

Martha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

I've tried to add in '/' in my report code and the error message still exist.

The technical setting that I mention is from portal, please refer to the below screenshot:

MSS report-->Absence quotas-->Reports-->right click and select "Technical Help..."

You will see the technical help setting:

Due to the role is MSS but not the onc I customise :ZXXX_MSS, therefore I suspect when launch the report, it looks for the FCODE in MSS but not in ZXXX_MSS, and caused error message.

I couldn't find the individual report that you mentioned in my Launchpad. Appreciate your advise the Tcode and steps to access the individual report node?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Apologies if no one reverted, Community is just busy, but not ignorant.

Can you explore this link   This should resolve your issue.

Also check LPD_CUST --> your MSS role --> change -- Menu -- Extras -- General settings -- play with OBN radio buttons

Rohit.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your information.

I've tried the solution, but it doesn't solve my issue Appreciate your help to advise.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone can help? Urgent pls......

Thanks.