cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDA Teradata meta data isue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I realise that siilar posts have been made, but these seem to be addressed by moving up a version or two on HANA and as we are using 97 I though that there may be someone out there who can help.

So, I have created an SDA connection to Teradata and all works wel in terms of showing the remote tables.  However, when I right click and create a virtual table while it works fine for some tables, I receive an error as below:

SAP DBTech JDBC: [476]: invalid remote object name: Unable to retrieve remote metadata for deveiw_bi.<NULL>&#127;deveiw_bi&#127;BI_ACCESS_DIRECT: line 0 col 0 (at pos 0)

When I try and do the operation via commads the fllowing is the error:

Could not execute 'create virtual table DEVEIW_BI.v_ATM at TD1."<NULL>".deveiw_bi.ATM_DEVICE_CENTRES' in 1.706 seconds .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [476]: invalid remote object name: Unable to retrieve remote metadata for DEVEIW_BI.ATM_DEVICE_CENTRES: line 0 col 0 (at pos 0)

Should there perhaps be a property.ini for Teradata?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it seems that making a post is actually a catalyst for finding the problem

Just after the post, I used the Teradata tool txodbc which is a bit like ISQL.  When I tried to access any of the tables which could be made into virtual tables in HANA, all was OK. When trying with the tables which failed, it failed and it appears that the table is actually some kind of synonym that points to a table in another schema (database in Teradata terms?).  This is obviously the reason that the meta data cannot be reached.

I had a similar issue with DB2; not in creating virtual tables but after creating the virtual tables, I wrote a proc to create HANA tables based upon the virtual tables and then bring the data across.  In DB2 however the SYSIBM.SYSTABLES (which is probably what SDA uses to list all the tables) contains tables, views and synonyms, I therefore had to change the proc to interrogate that table and only bring across those with type "T'.

Anyway, another lesson learned.  My bad, but it would still be good to have decent messages and more comprehensive documentation,  Still, early days

Regards

John

Answers (0)