cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the period indicator in the document numbering of sales order. Error coming.

How to change the period indicator please guide me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create separate Document numbering series start with 1 for Sales Order transactions and map the period indicator as 2016 and map the same period indicator to 2016 posting periods.

Thanks  & Regrads ,

Kamlesh Naware

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replying.

first i have to create  2016 posting periods

former_member227598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes then Check ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am begineer. i have created trial version. i have set in document numbering

how to view the period indicator..

former_member227598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find  Administration -> System Initialization -> Posting Period.

Thanks & Regards ,

Kamlesh Naware

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

main use of Period indicator. For what they using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Period indicator is been used to create multiple numbering series belonging to same financial year, provided last no. of the series. under Administration-->System Initilization-->Document Numbering.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please read below to know about the usage of Period Indicator.

Period Indicators - Setup

Use this window to set up period indicators for posting periods in your company. You can link each numbering series to a specific posting period by relating the same period indicator to both the selected posting period and the selected numbering series.

To open this window choose  Administration  Setup  Financials  Period Indicators  .

The Period Indicator refers to each document series (row) that can be connected to one or more Accounting Periods. Each document series must be connected to an indicator, to enable document numbering starting with 1 for each fiscal year.

Choose the period indicator to connect to the accounting period. The period indicator can be connected to more than one period in the same company.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rahul