cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA user mapping in HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have configured SSO with SAML for SAP HANA XS Application.There are some users who are using 3rd Party VD for HANA access were still having issue.We are not very sure on which external ID to map as they are not in client(ABC) domain.

My question is that can one HANA user be mapped to more than 1 windows users ID

For example, if you have one NAZ ID like “ABC\Y123456” and another one in Europe domain like “EUR\Z123456” can we map both IDs to 1 HANA user in SAML ?

Thanks & Regards,

Nilesh Shete

Message was edited by: David Metser

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help on the above issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Nilesh Shete

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Nilesh, you may be able to set multiple IdP's for your application. I learned that from the openSAP course next Steps on cloud development. as far as mapping multiple external users to one HANA user I do not think that is logically possible unless your users share credentials which again is not what you need. in an implementation of SAML at one of my clients, they had a SAML enabled application and their external users were set up on a subset of AD to aid on the SAML authentication. as you have multiple domains, it brings me to believe that you may be able to use either multiple IdP's or possibly create AD groups which would share a user in HANA. Again, it will depend on how you need to monitor the use of HANA for those users. in my case we needed to know the logged in user so we needed to set up the external users as HANA users. I know this is not an answer but at least some thought for your question.