Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to transport analysis authorization after BW upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We recently upgraded our BI system from 7.1 to 7.4 version.

When we try to transport an activated analysis authorization,it's asking for a transport package to save. By default $TEMP package appears which i guess is non- transportable package

We are not facing any issue in capturing roles in a customizing request. it's not asking for a package if we directly create a transport request of type workbench from SE10. It's only happening while trying to capture analysis authorization from RECADMIN.

Any idea ? if we missed something required for analysis authorization.

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this before but didn't work. It's asking me to save in a transportable package. My concern is this why it has started asking suddenly and which transport package i need to select to transport AA. What standard SAP says ? I can create TR from SE10 and i'm not asked for package there. Not sure where is the mess.

Thanks,

Mukesh

5 REPLIES 5

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure if the upgrade has anything to do in it. But you can try once. Go to RSECADMIN -> Authorizations -> Transport. Select your analysis authorizations and proceed. If any AA is saved in $TEMP package, you will be prompted to save them in a transportable package. You can do this for multiple AAs at one go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this before but didn't work. It's asking me to save in a transportable package. My concern is this why it has started asking suddenly and which transport package i need to select to transport AA. What standard SAP says ? I can create TR from SE10 and i'm not asked for package there. Not sure where is the mess.

Thanks,

Mukesh

0 Kudos

you'll need to talk to your development team or basis team to see what transport package you should use depending on your system landscape. More than likely a Z custom package should be available for you

0 Kudos

it's not a mess - I think the upgrade changed the way AA can be maintained with version management, etc. As a result it's now treated as a development type object and therefore needs to be assigned to a transport package

0 Kudos

Thanks colleen,BASIS team shared a new Z* transportable package for security.