cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change/Configuration Standard Mail Notification Content of Travel Request on ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: -  Now I am getting this mail content:-

Hello ESS,

Your trip 0000000XXX  has been approved.

Best Regards,
MSS
Instead of this standard mail content I want to use my own content.
Note: Workflow for Travel Request is activated & I used sent mail step to send custom mail content, but custom mail content is not going to sent, instead of custom mail content, standard mail content was sent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashish,

If you are using the custom workflow,then remove the mail step and include the new mail step with required content.

if you are using the standard workflow copy it to custom one and  change the linkage to the new one,in copied workflow change the mail step.

Regards,

Pramodh.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

As you mentioned, I had also did the same things.

Is it portal side configuration?  because after deactiving the custom workflow, standard mail content sent.

So, I am confused. what to do next?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashish,

check standard workflow linkage is activated i think because of this the standard mail content is sent .

check in swia or swi1 which step  is executing in workflow log,then you came to know,whether your custom step is executed or standard one.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramodh.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramodh,

I have checked standard workflow linkage is deactivated, still standard mail content is sent.

Scenario :

First ESS employee create an request on ESS portal that request goes to MSS manager, after approval of manager, mail will sent to ESS employee. then custom mail send like "Your request has been approved/rejected" per the action.

Travel request workflow is using for ESS/MSS on Portal only not for ECC use. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As you said after final approval the mail notification should sent to the employee.

please re create the scenario in development and check in SWIA  transaction,if he create the travel request from portal also the base is ECC only if you check this t-code then you came to know which  what are all the workflows triggered in the specifc  duration of the date and time.and check in sost what is the format.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramodh.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramodh,

Through transaction SWEL, I had checked custom workflow getting triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ashish,

if you check with swia/swi1 transaction entire workflow log will be displayed.so it is easy to identify the which step is executed.

if the custom workflow is triggering then check your mail step.what content it is having.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramodh.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramodh,

I had also check mail step which is executed and status is completed, which is having own content. but problem remains same.when I executed workflow manually, the mail is displaying in SAP inbox but not in SOST.