cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differrent currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

my client want to use difference currency in company code (USD) and controlling area (EUR).

i still have doubt how to configure this. i know in parallel currency FI we maintain 2 currency, first USD as Legal and second currency as Group currency or ???

if i configure as group than in controlling area i should use Group Currency too. actual my client dosn't want to use Leal Valuation, Group Valuation and Profit Center Valuation in this scenario.

Is there any possiblility to configure without Several Valuation ?

Thank you,

Iwan S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

If your client don’t want to use parallel currency in FI but want to use controlling area currency(EUR) which is different from FI currency ‘USD’., you choose ‘20’ currency type((controlling area currency) and input ‘EUR’ as currecny for your controlling area.

Refer to the below site.

Specifying the Controlling Area Currency - Controlling (CO) - SAP Library

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iwan

First of all you should ask your client why they are asking for separate currency for CCode and CO area when not not 1:N scenario. If basic purpose is not clear then only for some one's whim to make some thing illogical by any means will invite problems only.

Secondly, in 1:1 relation com code currency must be co area currency..no other option left. You tell your client what is their requirement and solve it in other way solution.

kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

my client want to calculate rate all activity in EUR not in USD and report CO for internal they want EUR.

USD only transaction in AP/AR and other journal. but in standard cost its okey in USD.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Iwan S

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iwan

That means your client want an independent currency in CO without any link with FI currency...other point is you can't get standard cost in USD and other transaction in EUR in controlling area.

One option is maintain com code as Com Code currency 10  USD and  Controlling area 20 EUR but there will be no sink between two because controlling area currency will be completely independent and will not help to any currency conversion between CCoce and Controlling area

kamal