cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.2.1 PRT points missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I understand that measurement point PRT's are supported out of the box on WM6.2.1 (latest currently available). I'm having a problem where PRT's are not being displayed unless the technical object is on that operation or another operation in the order.

I remember a couple of notes that fixed this up previously so that it would display all PRT's regardless, but believe they are now in the standard code...(2161282 & 2147874)

I've got a work order with 5 PRT's associated to 1 operation. I have added the top level functional location in the hierarchy to the operation. When I transmit I can only see the measurement point PRT related to the technical object in the order and don't see any others that were added that relate to other technical objects.

When the transmit retrieves the order it builds the FL into the relevant table me->str_mdo_output_vals-et_workorder_prt->

In

/SMERP/CL_PM_WORKORDER_DO->GET_WORK_ORDER_OPER_PRT

the next call I can see whilst the work order is being retrieved is to

/SMERP/CL_PM_FUNCLOCATION_DO->GET to get the data for the FL passed. Here I would have expected to see all 5 entries, however I only see the 1 from the work order

I was assuming the Java code would have taken the PRT FL and passed them to this call ? I thought this would have then populated the MeasuringPoints Collection of the WorkOrders Collection in Agentry which is used to render the PRT's on the screen. Is there something that I'm missing here? Anyone have any ideas or can at least confirm that this should work?

Thanks in advance

Stu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stu,

As per my understanding, ideally yes you should see all the PRT's assigned to an operation on the screen.But, there are dependencies to this -

During the work order fetch , the PRTs are downloaded as part of /SMERP/CL_PM_WORKORDER_DO->GET_WORK_ORDER_OPER_PRT.

So, for example for your work order -> you have assigned the lowest level of functional location at header level and highest level at the operation level because of which you were able to assign 5 MP's as PRT's which belong to the highest level of functional location.

Now, when the fetch runs-> fucntional location assigned at header and operation level both are passed to the  /SMERP/CL_PM_FUNCLOCATION_DO->GET to get the related data.

So, you should get functional location specific MP's from this BAPI and displayed either at the operation level FL or Order level FL.

So, please check this BAPI to see if it returns all the MP's for that FL and also in operation level -> Measuring points please check from which collection it is displaying data and if there are rules to check the complex tables of functional location to display data.

-shanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

My understanding and yours is the same...

I actually added the jar file contained in note 2161282 (even though the note suggests 6.1 but there is some text capture in it showing SAPWM62???)  and now the PRT measurement points are being retrieved as expected at least from the ABAP side of things. Anything below the Floc in the Hierarchy is being retrieved in ABAP. The PRT's technical objects are being received in to the Java code and then passed back for the Floc and Equip reads and I can see all those measurement points are getting populated into the export parameters of the function module.

However they are still not getting into the Measuring Points collection of the work order in Agentry so I guess there is a problem with the Java code - unfortunately we cannot debug that as we don't have it and can only de-compile it to view it...

I will raise an OSS incident to get SAP to take a look...

Note this is WM 6.2.1

Thanks

Stu

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP have released OSS note 2267024 to fix this issue on WM6.3 apparently the same code can be applied to 6.2.1 also, but I have not tried that yet.

Answers (0)