Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Where Search help is Triggering.

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one Small doubt. Need your Suggestion.I am Opening the t-code FS00. Here  it is having one search help.

It is showing some list of records. After i press the Search help icon. Now i would like to see the search help name in the Screen painter.

I can able to see in Se11 , But i would like to see it at Screen painter At Search Help field.Please have a look on below attached images.

If i open the Se51  If i See the field I am not able to find the Search Help. Can any body tell me Am i seeing At correct place. Or Through the coding.

The search help is assigned. Need your valuable suggestions please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The values are coming form the value table SKA1 and also you can check here the field SAKNR is assigned with search help SAKO.

Hint: Go to domain of saknr-> Tab value range-> here you will find the value table.

Regards,

Shadab.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto the screen painter,double click the field u want to have search help with,in Attributes under Dictionary tab u will find a field with name Search Help.In that field enter the search help name (Which u need to create in SE11).

If u r using STANDARD table fields then u dont need to create search help.

regards

Vandana

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Actually this is standard.

My question, In Screen painter Why i am not able to find the Search help.

I all ready attached the image. Please have a look on attached image.

shadab_maldar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The values are coming form the value table SKA1 and also you can check here the field SAKNR is assigned with search help SAKO.

Hint: Go to domain of saknr-> Tab value range-> here you will find the value table.

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Hi,Thanks for your reply.

But the search help is not assigned to the field. May i know why.

Is they assigned in the program. In the field Value Range there is not values i had found.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not from value range, in value range tab you can see there the value table(SKA1) which is assigned,

The values are coming from this value table, in this value table you can see the field SAKNR is assigned with search help SAKO.

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for you reply.

so, in Screen painter they have assigned only domain.

SANKR-> then from the value table the values are coming. Am i correct.

Any thing else.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as you can see, structure glaccount_screen_key has the field SAKNR which is referring to the data element and  domain SAKNR which in turn referring to the value table SKA1 where the field SAKNR is assigned with search help SAKO.

therefore search help SAKO gets fired whenever you click F4 help.

Just to check put a Break point in search help exit of search help SAKO and press F4.

Regards,

Shadab.

0 Kudos

Thank u, I  am closing the post.

Keep posting.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For reference, there is a Hierarchy of the Search Help Call:

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos