Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement registerStreamRequest

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any good document or blog to implement the registerStreamRequest to create the offline store for media files (i.e., word docs, mime files).

I am storing the documents as stream by opening the store.open but I have hundreds of documents to download. It's working for fewer attachments but failing when it has to download huge number of files.

I see that there is a maximum response size 64MB, increasing the size would fix the issue?

Regards,

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BjörnB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Murthy,

i've asked here the question how to implement the registerStreamRequest -

You said, that it is working in your case for fewer attachements?

Can you tell me how you've defined the "definingRequest" and how you have registered the streamRequest?

That would be very nice.

I've tested and tried a lot, but i did not get it till now.

Regards,

Björn

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

I have tried the mediastream approach, but I didn't find a way to implement GET_ENTITYSET for a media entity object.

Instead of setting the entity in the gateway as media, I have unchecked and implemented GET_ENTITY/GET_ENTITYSET and returning the document content as raw string(xstring). This is working for me but it effect on the performance to download bunch of documents.

Regards,

Murthy

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried to implement using media stream setup but it throws error as in my gateway service GET_ENTITYSET method was not implemented.

as below

"definingRequests" : {

"req1" : { "url" : "/Orders", "retrieveStreams" : true }

}

when requested to open the store it expects GET_ENTITYSET implemented.

Have anyone used media stream and opened the store successfully?

Regards,

Murthy