cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ30 (Change Budget) & CJ32 (Release Budget)

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one logical query regarding the above mentioned transactions please.

Logically, if i create budget through CJ30 for any particular Project or WBS and after this, if i try to execute any transaction with reference to that Project or WBS then system should restrict/prompt me that i have not released it therefore i am not able to proceed further with the same project/wbs.

Once the budget gets released, system should allows us to proceed within the specified limit and that is what control is.

Now, in my scenario, if i create budget on any Project/WBS through CJ30 and try to execute any transaction with the same Project/WBS then system allows me to do so which is wrong and therefore we are looking for any control.

Please guide.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

System activates the AVAC when budget is released before status remains BUDG only. You are looking for control before budget gets released then user status must help. You can maintain the user status at WBS level in such a way :

1- CRTD- Created.

2- BUDG- Budgeting done.

3- BREL- Budget released.

Once you select the option 2- budgeting done then system will not allow you to post anything actual.

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

You can review the above article: Prevent release of WBS-element before Budgeting.

The latest version touches on availability control based on Released budget scenario.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can activate availability control on release budget so that you have control on released budget only.

The value you entered in CJ30 is the original budget and the budget you release is through CJ32. You can also release only some % (for example 90%) of original budget. So you have two level controls

1. While releasing the budget

2. Availability control on released budget

Hope this helps

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain,

Just a clarification. Transaction you mentioned is the Transaction codes (CJ20N, CN22 etc) or posting like planning commitment, PR, PO etc.

Regards

Terence