Did you mean: 

Shift Delivery Date after PO Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to shift delivery date after PO last approval. Let me explain why;

PO created at 27.10.2015

Delivery Date is 30.10.2015

PO Approved at 30.10.2015 and printout sent to the vendor. Vendor delivered goods at 31.10.2015 which means after 1 day when he got the printout.

But if we look from PO side, vendor seems 1 day late. This cause problems in vendor evaluation.

Does anyone has suggestion on this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's assume you have created PO at 30.09.2015 and the delivery date was 10.10.2015.

The PO approved at 05.10.2015 so as per your requirement delivery date should shift to 15.10.2015?

If I understood correctly you can do this using ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST

with reference to

EKKO-AEDAT

and

CDHDR UDATE field with relevant CDPOS document where FRGKE field has value "O".

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also I would not recommend the change in the PO once it is approved. You need to consider this time in your planning .. How many POs are that are get effected because of this ??... if you see vendor evaluation is effected.. you can award him some manual points so that he can come at par.. If I am at your place I will not try this option but look a way to bring the vendor points at par as these cases are not as frequent as it look to you ..

But you have take in consideration your PR processing time and keep on sending PO approval reminders till the time it release .. PO that get delayed and not approved..business can make changes in delivery dates..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The time needed for PO approval is to be included in the purchasing processing time which is defined per purchasing organisation in customizing.

If you have not done that then it is better to do this so that planning can consider those extras days and would have suggested a later delivery date from the very beginning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly you need as per my observation that after approval delivery date should be changed i.e. if approval is of 30th Oct then delivery date should be 31st Oct. If this is the requirement then how system know that how much days you want to shift? Please elaborate.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

How system calculated at the beginning of PO creation?

The date was 27.10 so It added 3 days and it became 30.10

When approved, It should use same algoritm and calculate again based on approval date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have defined planned delivery time in material master then it will calculate from this field otherwise it will be the current date.

If you have defined planned delivery time as 3 days then delivery date will be 30th otherwise it will be current date.

Regards

Ajay Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. I think you couldn't understand what I mean.

Thanks.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sefa ,

you have to use the fields Planned delivery time and Gr processing time for calcualting the exact delivery date.

in material master you can give the planned delivery time as 1 day. then system should calculate the date according to it.

thanks

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but this is not the question I've asked.

Please read carefully. System already calculated delivery date correctly, the problem is about PO approval.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

the no of days should be calculated in the planned delivery days from the PO creation date, as this will be part of planning.or this date can be changed by the last approver manually.

if client needs the date should be auto calculated based on the release date then you have to implement BADI to get the delivery date calculated post release or status change.

thanks

KUnal

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.