Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax on Free Delivery Orders - Vertex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is discussion is raised in reference to

I know that is a pretty old thread but found it relevant to the requirement  we have now.

Even in my current project we have the same require to calculate tax on the free of charge items, but not charge it the customer. instead accrue them as use tax. could please let me know how had you achieved this in pricing procedure. we plan to write base calculation routine to populate the tax base, but the taxes are being posted to wrong accounts. your guidance on this would be much appreciated.

Hope you could resolve  your issue of calculating tax on customer with exemption. if not simple solution would be override the exemption in Vertex using Taxassist.

Thanks,

Ajit

This discussion was branched out and edited by Jyoti Prakash, Moderator. OP is requested open or resurrect older discussion for response or questions. This disturbs the current flow of discussion. Instead, you can post your own discussion for question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

Thanks a lot of the document, its very helpful. but only issue is that the in our procedure the discount condition is before the tax condition, and VPRS cost is after the tax condition, hence we have created a base routine to pull amounts from VPRS as base for the tax vertex call.

What I tried was to add another after the tax conditions. but this populates the Net value as negative and Tax as positive. what i was looking for is that both Net and Tax values should be 0, but taxes should be posted to a revenue account. screen shot attached.

also having in posting the tax amount to the revenue accounts. this is getting charged to customer account now.

I would appreciate if you could let me know how I can achieve this.

tom_samata
Explorer
0 Kudos

Basically  I made FD orders billable and the tax is based on the VPRS cost condition and then we give it a 100% discount.  There are some other changes to always calculate the tax regardless if Vertex has them exempt.

See attached.  Hopefully the file type is OK.