cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS-MGM-PRC Workflow Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm attempting to modify the standard product compliance workflows so that they are less focused on a centralized support model with communal tasks.  However, I'm having difficulties in determining if I have the correct containers I need to build in any sort of org level agent determination.  That and the many different triggering events for some of these workflows has my head spinning.  Has anyone attempted this sort of customization that could give me some pointers on where to start?  Appreciate any help.

David Mendoza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Further to Nick's suggestion, please find out what all processes you are targeting to modify and accordingly we have options as below;

Regarding correct container - If the standard workflow does not contain container holding all required information, then we can always copy the standard workflow to custom workflow and can put custom background steps which will have methods fetching us required business data.

Regarding triggering event - We have multiple options for this,

a. try to find out any standard BO and events available for the process to be                                            customized.

b. If BO event is not triggered by business process, try to find out exits / Badi's from we                          can trigger events as well.

Please explain complete process / requirement you are trying to customize.

Regards,

Mounesh

nick_valeriano
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey David,

On a previous client we used Material creation and Specification Status' to provide the event necessary to create workflow tasks. Regarding Org Level/Agent Determination, we had groups split up by the materials or specs that apply to their areas of ownership based on specific data in the material/spec. It might help to fully document the current processes and see where the changes or tasks are supposed to take place and then find out where they actually take place. A lot of business collaboration is necessary with this to ensure that the users will be happy with the changes.

Hope that helps.

Nick