cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE11 - VBAK Net Value shows different values when different display is selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have observed a behavior where VBAK.NETWR displays different values when different views are selected in SE11 browser.

This is observed for only Japanese currency.

For example, the actual net value is 10000 JPY

in SE16N - it shows as 10,000

in SE11 (ALV Grid) - 10,000

in SE11 (SE16 standard list) - is shown as 100.00

I want to know if anyone has ever come across with similar issue? If yes please let me know what is the issue here and how we can fix it?

Thanks,

SPMAN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably you do not have many currencies in the system with decimal places other than 2 .

Please have a look at SAP note  1679279 - Price fields are not displaying decimal places correctly in reports, tables or during prin... - I am sure that you will understand the idea when you read it carefully.

If this is a new roll-out, you may also find it useful to search for additional sap notes regarding currencies without decimal places with large values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veselina for your suggestion.

The Note says that we need to maintain an entry in TCURX for the currency. I have checked in our system and the entry (JPY/0)  is maintained.

Still not sure why there is a difference in how ALV grid view displays the value and how ALV list display the value when using the SE11 transaction. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note provides only an explanation, I do not think that you can 'fix' that.

126857 - Display of amts with correct decimal places in SE16 - explains it even better with technical details and states that it is only a display problem.

If the display representation of currency amounts in se11/se16 is a really serious problem for the support team, I guess you could use the information from the second note to request a Z report that shows table contents in ALV and displays the currency amounts differently.

From my perspective this is a mild annoyance and it is easy to remember the specifics after you understand the reason for that behaviour.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Veselina. I still need to take a look at these Notes but whatever you said makes sense.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

SPMAN