cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web IDE - must I use the HCP version?

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think our Basis team will open a connection to a backend system to the cloud... is it possible to develop a Fiori app using the Web IDE from a local install?

does everyone use the Web IDE on the HCP to develop their own Fiori apps against their own backend systems?

We have the gateway system at 7.4 SP08

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You don't have to ask your Basis team to open a connection between your gateway and HCP.
You can use HANA cloud connector in your development environment without opening any port. Just install it in your PC, start and configure it. You'll be able to test your code in HCP calling OData services in your frontend server with no need of a particular connection.

Please see the following link. SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Otherwise, you can install a local WebIDE version, but I don't think you'll have all options as the cloud WebIDE version.

Hope this helps

Walid

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Walid.

unfortunately, I'm stuck on a 32 bit machine and see both the Cloud Connector and the local Web IDE require 64 bit machines.

Would it work the same if I installed the Cloud Connector on some virtual machine in our data center? Configure it and let it run there?

thanks,

Robert

Answers (0)