cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DeliveryException: No response available

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are making a Synchronous RFC call from XI. We have been noticing that this RFC call is resulting in the following error once in a while, particularly in the early morning hours. Could someone that has seen this error before share your thougths... we are suspecting that this may be due to the number RFC connections that are defined in XI, or may may be due to the number of Dialog workprocesses on R/3. We currently have 10 RFC connections defined in XI. We were thinking of increasing this to may be 20 or 30 - not sure what impact that will have. Apprciate your input.

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: No response available.</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone that responded. Upon further analysis we found out that this was happening when the resonse from RFC was taking more than 10 minutes, which was the timeout duration defined in the XI RFC Connection. The RFC was making a database stored procedure call to an extrenal system and there was poor response from this external database in the early morning hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar,

Thanks for Updating

Cheers

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar

Can you pls. tell what exactly you mean by

<< timeout duration defined in the <b>XI RFC Connection</b>

Are you actually talking about ICM HTTP <i>TimeOut & ProcTimeOut</i> parameters which can be accessed from TCode :: SMICM --> Press <u>Shft F1</u>.

Pls. confirm.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Check this note 730870 - question no 14 for RFC timeout setting.

Q 14: During a synchronous RFC call to the RfcAdapter (sender channel) the error message "call to messaging system failed: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessageExpiredException" comes up. For receiver channels a similar error messages is shown. What does this mean and what could be done about it?

A: At the beginning of a synchronous RFC call the RfcAdapter (sender channel) builds up the XI request-message and will send this to the Adapter Engine with a timeout. After this it will wait till the response-message reaches or the timeout expires. In case of timeout the exception named above is thrown. The timeout used by RfcAdapter for synchronous calls can be configured for the whole RfcAdapter as a property of the RfcAdapter J2EE Service. To change it's value open the service properties sheet like described in Q3 and change the value of "syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec". Notice that this value is specified in milliseconds. After changing the property store the properties by clicking the save-button (disk symbol) on top of the page.

If a similar error messages is shown for a receiver channel the timeout setting is done in the inbound XI-Adapter of the Adapter Engine and not via the above described setting in the RFC-Adapter. The value of xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default from J2EE Service 'SAP XI Adapter: XI' is used in this case. Note 791379 will explain this in detail.

Also check this threads:

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Commit Control for Individual BAPI Calls, see the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Can you be a little more clear on the the Scenario you are trying. This error may occur when your sender is a Sync MI and your receiver is a Async and so on... Thats the reason i asked what the actual Scenario is.

Also just check if you see any commit work in the ABAP report making this RFC Call...

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

Here is Scenario. XI reads the records from an external DB table based on certain selection criteria. It calls the RFC, synchronously, for each record that is fetched, one at a time. BPM reads the return paramer value from the previous RFC call before it makes the next RFC call. Within the RFC/ABAP, we do have Commit work and Dequeue All statements before sending the response back to XI. As I mentioned in the previous message, this is working as designed 99% of the time. We are seeing this error - "com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: No response available" only once in a while and that too only during 1AM to 3AM timeframe. When this happens, the interface fails at that point and does not process the remaining records from the database that were fetched and yet to be processed.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But this is not correct solution ,just for temp solution , infact the error should be rectified

you would have to design the BPM to do not do in that time with some logic or with wait step , or schedule with below link(not in 1 am to 3 pm)

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I guess there a few things that you can probably just try having a look into.....

1. Compare the load that is there during the time period that you have specified.

2. See if the payload coming in during that time with the time when they work fine.

3. Disable all the unused fields in both the request and the Response mappings.

4. Also check the availability of the application Systems during that time interval.

Also i don't see it logical to stop the message flow during that time as suggested in one of the replies...

Regards,

Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I think this error is nothing to do with your RFC connections,

please check your response message type ,interface and Mapping programs.

reason is system is unable to recognise response message..

check your Message Interface namesapce whether is it correct or not..

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The interface runs several times a day. Each RFC call from XI for this interface receives a return parameter value back from R/3. The BPM for this Interface reads that return parameter value and processes the next RFC call. Since this is working 99% of the time, I believe message type and interface namespace may be OK. I am wondering if XI receives some unexpected message back, it is only during such instances it is failng with this exception error.

The reason we are suspecting that this may be due to RFC connections is because of the text of the error - "No Response available".