Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Login failure to Oracle Database - CR 2013 and .NET

Good morning,

I have seen similar questions before, but I am really stumped, so any help will be appreciated.

I have a report that does against an Oracle database.  When I run the report manually (in CR 2013), it asks for my credentials, and runs perfectly.  However, when I run using dotnet 2015, I get an exception (Database Login Failed) when executing ExportToDisk().

I can pause the program before executing ExportToDisk(), and have verified that the credentials are populated and correct.

This worked before on a different PC (using an older version of Visual Studio), so I suspect the problem is with the ODBC driver, or the Oracle Home, but testing the ODBC connection manually shows that ODBC works too.

I am confused about why it works when running manually, but not through Dotnet.

Thanks for any help.

Former Member
replied

If you're using the 32-bit client, you want to make sure that your application is compiled to target the "X86" platform, which is 32-bit.  If you target "Any CPU", it will automatically switch between either 32-bit or 64-bit depending on the operating system.  The other option would be to install the 64-bit Oracle client and create a 64-bit ODBC connection with the same name as the 32-bit connection.

-Dell

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question